Author

Topic: 2013-11-29 Bitcoins: The Second Biggest Ponzi Scheme in History (Read 1376 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
So is he saying Bernie Madoff was the largest ponzi scheme?  Is this a "fact?"

He's saying Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme.

I hereby make a prediction: Bitcoins will go down in history as the most spectacular private Ponzi scheme in history. It will dwarf anything dreamed of by Bernard Madoff. (It will never rival Social Security, however.)
Activity: 728
Merit: 540
You can tell the guy missed the bitcoin train.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
So is he saying Bernie Madoff was the largest ponzi scheme?  Is this a "fact?"
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I don't think he knows what the words Ponzi Scheme mean. Among other things.

I disagree. I think he has a very good understanding of ponzi schemes. Unfortunately, I don't think he has a very good understanding of Bitcoin.

Exactly what I thought when I read this.

Skelephtna
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
the guy is a regular Nostradamus. From his Wiki.

Y2K catastrophe prediction

North predicted a Y2K catastrophe in print and online, and predicted that a Y2K date-rollover failure of the global Information Technology (IT) infrastructure would precipitate severe disruption and the complete collapse of the international economy, leaving American Christians to restore society following the collapse

He seems like a healthy, stable fellow.
LHB
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
the guy is a regular Nostradamus. From his Wiki.

Y2K catastrophe prediction

North predicted a Y2K catastrophe in print and online, and predicted that a Y2K date-rollover failure of the global Information Technology (IT) infrastructure would precipitate severe disruption and the complete collapse of the international economy, leaving American Christians to restore society following the collapse
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Critical? No, it is just a fail.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
I hereby make a prediction: Bitcoins will go down in history as the most spectacular private Ponzi scheme in history.

Archived for future entertainment purposes.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

I am a fan of Gary North. Most of his articles are subscription based, so there is an incentive for him to write articles that get a rise out of readers.
Activity: 323
Merit: 251
A lot of austrians will lose a lot of credibility because of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is pretty much the perfect money according to Austrian theory. It has all the properties that money need to a higher degree than all competition. Some austrians see this, but those that don't simple fail att applying their own theory to bitcoin. That's a shame.
Activity: 898

If I sell pizzas for $20 USD or $18 worth of bitcoins, who is the fool?

The guy who wrote that article.
legendary
Activity: 1136

If I sell pizzas for $20 USD or $18 worth of bitcoins, who is the fool?
lol yeah, just means when you buy a $20 pizza, it cost you (20/1000)*$2 = $0.04 instead. Great incentive to spend your coins.
legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
easily debunked

"Nobody is going to be getting rid of an asset that has moved from $2 to $1,000 in one year in order to buy pizzas"

I have, so I know you lie.  Next !

I disagree. I think he has a very good understanding of ponzi schemes. Unfortunately, I don't think he has a very good understanding of Bitcoin.
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
He says:

"It will not increase the division of labor...

They will not use it in exchange...

Companies will not sell goods and services based on Bitcoins..."
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1MCKW9AkWj3aopC1aPegcZEf2fYNrhUQVf
I don't think he understands much about bitcoin.

He totally ignores the technical innovations in the bitcoin system. He also ignores bitcoins as a store of value.
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Jump to: