Author

Topic: [2013-12-10] Nerdist Podcast - Twitter CEO Dick Costolo mentions BTC (Read 822 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/12/nerdist-podcast-dick-costolo/

~0:27:54, skip back a bit for context

COSTOLO: "I mean like even with, gosh, even with stuff like bitcoin now, and you've got this zero-transaction cost currency, like, oh my god, now what happens when you have a zero-transaction cost sense of a currency... we haven't even, I mean it's like, super early days for that, right? That's going to totally change the way people think about the kinds of things they can..."
HARDWICK: "Stuff like that makes me, I always get a little nervous about it when someone says 'You should sink a bunch, you should buy a bunch of bitcoins, it's gone up like a thousand percent!' I'm like, ohhh, that's a bad sign, you gotta be real careful about that shit... 'No, man, you just buy it one day, and I know, but you really, it's, you're on a...' Let it normal-, let the bubble pop, and then let it normalize, like don't just immediately..."
COSTOLO: "Yeah, no, I don't mean it that way, I mean like, the sense that you've got this protocol, for, you know, essentially currency."
HARDWICK: "'I put in like a dollar and I got a million dollars back...'"
COSTOLO: "If you do that, if you put in a million, you yeah..."
HARDWICK: "'You could get a hundred billion dollars!' Oh no, oh no."
COSTOLO: "Yeah, right, it's like that kid on TV last week who did the 'hey mom, send bitcoin' and got $24,000, and now everyone's writing their signs for this weekend, who will get, you know, like 14 cents, each. No, we all wanted to send it to that one guy, and now, none of us are going to send it."
Jump to: