Author

Topic: 2013-12-11 DealBook NY Times: Bitcoin Believers See a Role for Wall Street (Read 958 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
probably, but what i like even more: if big money goes into bitcoin (wall street etc), its more likely that we see positive regulation around BTC and LTC. money makes the laws, especially in the US and UK.

and i would love to see more exchanges, services etc Smiley

Yeah, exchanges are quite "thin on the ground" in the US and UK unfortunately  Wink

Whatever happened to all those US companies that were planning to launch exchanges after becoming "AML compliant" (or whatever the phrase is). Did they give up because it costs too much?

on the one hand, it costs alot to do all AML and KYC rules and on the other hand it just takes time! so fincen sent the letters out about 5-6 month ago? we just have to be patient. just in the last 10 month so much stuff happend...crazy.

and also the "next generation" of exchanges and wallets are comming: circle.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
probably, but what i like even more: if big money goes into bitcoin (wall street etc), its more likely that we see positive regulation around BTC and LTC. money makes the laws, especially in the US and UK.

Yeah, exchanges are quite "thin on the ground" in the US and UK unfortunately  Wink

Whatever happened to all those US companies that were planning to launch exchanges after becoming "AML compliant" (or whatever the phrase is). Did they give up because it costs too much?

Huh  There are several (see my signature).  I use them daily.

Taking of your sig, I can't see your 4th line. And I'm running on a wide-ass Mac monitor. Could just be me but I suspect your 4th line is one line too many for many browser set ups ......... what does the 4th line say?

I can barely hover over his 4th line , and it has a ref link to  sealswithclubs.
27" monitor and can't see it all.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Huh  There are several (see my signature).  I use them daily.

Taking of your sig, I can't see your 4th line. And I'm running on a wide-ass Mac monitor. Could just be me but I suspect your 4th line is one line too many for many browser set ups ......... what does the 4th line say?
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

Yeah, exchanges are quite "thin on the ground" in the US and UK unfortunately  Wink

Huh  There are several (see my signature).  I use them daily.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Good point .. most of those guys have lived in a fairy-tale manipulated cotton-wool markets.

They are gonna be handed heads on plates when they enter a real free market ... bitcoin is some wild-ass shit when it comes to trading that is for sure. Not to mention you never know when the whole exchange is going to disappear from under you ... they think it is easy ... uh-huh, fresh meat Smiley

I don't think mister  .io would have run away with the money of a wall street guy that could afford to have a helicopter crashed on his head in any country in this world. Wink

I think we should add "allegedly" to that statement, as "mister io" claims he was hacked, and having dealt with him personally over a support issue, I don't believe a word he says  Grin

Any news on how the hunt for the lost city fortress is going?
Haven't seen anything lately.
Good point .. most of those guys have lived in a fairy-tale manipulated cotton-wool markets.

They are gonna be handed heads on plates when they enter a real free market ... bitcoin is some wild-ass shit when it comes to trading that is for sure. Not to mention you never know when the whole exchange is going to disappear from under you ... they think it is easy ... uh-huh, fresh meat Smiley

I don't think mister  .io would have run away with the money of a wall street guy that could afford to have a helicopter crashed on his head in any country in this world. Wink

I think we should add "allegedly" to that statement, as "mister io" claims he was hacked, and having dealt with him personally over a support issue, I don't believe a word he says  Grin
legendary
Blackjack.fun

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo

legendary
Blackjack.fun
Can't get better then this if you ask me.  Wall Street is what I call a serious player lol...
Kind of a good sign from my point of view.  I could be overstating it but hey I don't yet see how one can consider this a bad thing.

Took a moment to laugh at the serious part.
If those guys get on board , at least we will won't be crying "manipulation" without reasons.

The bitcoin price has been manipulated since day 1. Wall St won't know what hit them  Grin

I don't think they will be the ones getting hit. More likely the ones doing the hitting.
Can't get better then this if you ask me.  Wall Street is what I call a serious player lol...
Kind of a good sign from my point of view.  I could be overstating it but hey I don't yet see how one can consider this a bad thing.

If those guys get on board , at least we will won't be crying "manipulation" without reasons.

The bitcoin price has been manipulated since day 1. Wall St won't know what hit them  Grin
legendary
Blackjack.fun

legendary
Blackjack.fun
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/11/bitcoin-believers-see-a-role-for-wall-street/

Super Bullish I believe.

The best quote:
Mr. Silbert, the entrepreneur behind the Bitcoin fund, said another large player was getting involved in a Bitcoin venture.

“There’s a very large fund family that’s launching one soon that’s not yet public,” he said.

Very interesting!  Grin

Excellent. The more funds (of any kind) that get set up around bitcoin, the more money pours in, the quicker we get to $2000 to $3000 a coin.

You know , bitcoin price going up , doesn't imply good things happening to bitcoin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Yeah, exchanges are quite "thin on the ground" in the US and UK unfortunately  Wink

legendary
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/11/bitcoin-believers-see-a-role-for-wall-street/

Super Bullish I believe.

The best quote:
Mr. Silbert, the entrepreneur behind the Bitcoin fund, said another large player was getting involved in a Bitcoin venture.

“There’s a very large fund family that’s launching one soon that’s not yet public,” he said.

Very interesting!  Grin

Excellent. The more funds (of any kind) that get set up around bitcoin, the more money pours in, the quicker we get to $2000 to $3000 a coin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i thought that it might be a major retailer that would be the impetus to btc's next rally, but it could be wall streeters next. i prefer them to sit it out a bit long. the longer they have to wait, the less they can spoil BTC for the rest of us.
legendary
Merit: 1001
In response to the BofA price of $1300 for BTC the article says:
That report “woefully undervalued” Bitcoin, Mr. Allaire said.

At least someone "get's it" out there!
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
yes I too can "see a role for wall st." ...
legendary
Merit: 1001

Super Bullish I believe.

The best quote:

Very interesting!  Grin
Jump to: