Author

Topic: [2013-12-16] bittiraha.fi - Europe's First Bitcoin ATM is here! (Read 884 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
There is Bitcoin ATM in Bratislava, Slovakia already. Not sure if it was to be the first on European soil though.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I am waiting for the first Bitcoin ATM robbery.  I would guess they don't keep the private keys for the bitcoins on the ATMs themselves.  Just cash.

The Helsinki Bitcoin ATM is located at one of the busiest parts of the city. While theoretically it is not impossible to rob it, the chances of such an incident actually occurring is very very scarce.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
So, does this stand for the #2 rank Bitcoin ATM in the world ?  Roll Eyes

We want one in India TOO !!  Sad

2014 could be the year  Smiley
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I am waiting for the first Bitcoin ATM robbery.  I would guess they don't keep the private keys for the bitcoins on the ATMs themselves.  Just cash.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

I don't think that a BTC ATM will come to India any time soon. The RBI has warned people against using the coin and the government machinery is all set to impose tough regulations on Bitcoin transactions.

Back to the topic, Finland is the ideal place in Europe to have a BTC ATM. It is a link connecting Western Europe to the East.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Might be time to buy some bitcoins Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
https://bittiraha.fi/content/europes-first-bitcoin-atm-here-0

Maybe someone might want to split hairs, claiming the Istanbul ATM is on the European continent too  Cheesy. But, 1st or 2nd, it's nice to see this development. And nice to hear the plans for more across Europe...
Jump to: