Author

Topic: 2013-4-14 Tech Crunch - How Five Real Economists Think About Bitcoin’s Future (Read 1037 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Next up: "How Five Real Photographers Think About Digital Photography's Future"

Cheesy

Alternatively, 5 salesmen from IBM's mainframe division opining about PCs in 1981.

donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Some time ago they insisted that the Earth is flat and the Sun and Moon are revolving around it.
History repeats...

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Next up: "How Five Traditional Artists Think About Digital Artistry's Future"
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
Next up: "How Five Real Photographers Think About Digital Photography's Future"
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
But what if a sovereign state was to issue an algorithm-based currency? Would that drive fiat money out of business?

At least they could issue a currency with a total transparency.  I mean, a currency whose total amount in circulation could be verified by anyone at any time.  That could almost deter me from bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Academic scholars study what has happened. We do things that happen.

Why should I care what they think about the past? 
donator
Activity: 784
At a time when those PhD and economists were talking with a straight face about the absurdity of bitcoin, I was silently stocking it and storing in my wallet.
Now I have all my debts completely paid off and continue enjoying my life as free and independent person.
legendary
Activity: 1344
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
Pick five economists at random to comment on bitcoin, and you get five economists with random levels of knowledge about the subject making random statements. It is not a very good article.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
LTC -> BTC -> Silver!
Iterations: How Five Real Economists Think About Bitcoin’s Future

This question got me very excited:

But what if a sovereign state was to issue an algorithm-based currency? Would that drive fiat money out of business?

Jump to: