Author

Topic: [2014-01-03] WSJ: Malaysia's Central Bank Warns of Bitcoin Risks (Read 832 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
I'm the founder of BitcoinMalaysia. At least our Central Bank did not outlaw Bitcoin like Thailand and demand for altcoins/mining hardware is still crazy.

That was just a rumour, the Thailand Central Bank didn't make that announcement. Someone reported it 2nd hand on a blog. Thailand Central Bank did not make any bitcoin or cryptocurrency before or after the rumour was started.

I know it was a rumour but a lot of news site reported it and added the word "ban". So newbies will be vary of using BTC in Thailand now.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
I'm the founder of BitcoinMalaysia. At least our Central Bank did not outlaw Bitcoin like Thailand and demand for altcoins/mining hardware is still crazy.

That was just a rumour, the Thailand Central Bank didn't make that announcement. Someone reported it 2nd hand on a blog. Thailand Central Bank did not make any bitcoin or cryptocurrency before or after the rumour was started.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
but also: Malaysian Central Bank Has No Plans To Regulate Bitcoin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
it seems central banks just like to copy-cat each other. just after china-India-malaysia. IMO if BTC's has a high popularity in these countries even if a country ban it people will make use of face-to-face and similar direct methods instead of exchangers.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Good or bad, I am glad that Bitcoin is getting more and more recognition from the Central Banks. You can love it, or you can hate it. But you can't just ignore Bitcoin.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

There is a reason the OP liked via Google namely to get around the paywall. If the newspaper wishes to get indexed by Google then they have to allow links from Google to bypass the paywall. This is the trade-off.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
The decentralised bank of bitcoin has been warning of the dangers of fiat currency for a while now, I guess these central banks deserve a right to reply. People are free to make up their own mind about whose warnings are credible (or back both horses)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It seems the trend lately, I hope we don't have another China soon
Jump to: