Author

Topic: [2014-03-06]The Face Behind Bitcoin (Read 2191 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
March 07, 2014, 10:03:29 AM
Hello! Do you really think they'va finally found him? I am a lot suspicious it is true Satoshi

No, read some more, you'll find his dispute of the article & the p2p post directly referenced above your that may show that it's not him...
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
March 07, 2014, 06:58:21 AM
Hello! Do you really think they'va finally found him? I am a lot suspicious it is true Satoshi
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
March 07, 2014, 03:26:14 AM
Well if the story is true the train company just filed for bankruptcy (they just don't know it yet).  Also I feel sorry for "Satoshi".  It doesn't matter if the story is correct or not something bad will probably happen to him.

dude..they just made someone up.

Someone lives in that house.  You don't see how made up or not, desperate people thinking the person at that house has $1B in irreversible, untraceable money might lead to something bad.

There *was* nothing wrong with it [his name]... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7DdyChR8JU
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063
Gerald Davis
March 06, 2014, 02:22:30 PM
Well if the story is true the train company just filed for bankruptcy (they just don't know it yet).  Also I feel sorry for "Satoshi".  It doesn't matter if the story is correct or not something bad will probably happen to him.

Someone lives in that house.  You don't see how made up or not, desperate people thinking the person at that house has $1B in irreversible, untraceable money might lead to something bad.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
March 06, 2014, 12:41:38 PM
Tons of bullshit
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
March 06, 2014, 12:23:10 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 06, 2014, 12:19:00 PM
I think the guy is completely made up, as well as his family members.

Absolutely.

You want to get in touch with a guy you know nothing about except he did a brilliant cryptographic work.

Yet you learn that he loves playing with train models. How ? When ?
And then you find a British train model company that will give you his "email address" just because you ask.
And then the guy closes his door on you but you still manage to get a picture of him posing in the country.
And you also get to talk to all of his relatives as easily as that.

In a few days we will "learn" that :
- the guy on the photo is a paid actor
- the house has been rent by the newspaper and is today filled with cameras
- the car has been bought from the previous tenant in order to match the one on Google Street View
- bad people do bad things to get money
- the "relaunch" of the newspaper failed.

Great !

Yeah , that's how a fake story is created by a mag that needs some publicity. I feel sorry for the guy that got caught in this. If he's not also the one that had the idea.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063
Gerald Davis
March 06, 2014, 12:14:55 PM
legendary
March 06, 2014, 11:36:49 AM

Absolutely.

You want to get in touch with a guy you know nothing about except he did a brilliant cryptographic work.

Yet you learn that he loves playing with train models. How ? When ?
And then you find a British train model company that will give you his "email address" just because you ask.
And then the guy closes his door on you but you still manage to get a picture of him posing in the country.
And you also get to talk to all of his relatives as easily as that.

In a few days we will "learn" that :
- the guy on the photo is a paid actor
- the house has been rent by the newspaper and is today filled with cameras
- the car has been bought from the previous tenant in order to match the one on Google Street View
- bad people do bad things to get money
- the "relaunch" of the newspaper failed.

Great !

Exactly! Thanks for posting that. I was too busy with my morning bagel and coffee.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
March 06, 2014, 11:34:04 AM
Totally made up bullshit. I'm sure there are plenty of stupid people who will buy it.

Nice....so you're the ever so brilliant know-it-all....the arrogant narcissist the can only hold the truth and everyone who believes otherwise are just "stupid people" as you put it. Why don't you learn to simply have your own opinion instead of calling everyone else that thinks differently "stupid".

I swear...half the time I read this forum, it looks no different than youtube comments because of people like this...so disappointing.

Nice....so you're the ever so brilliant troll....the arrogant narcissist the can only hold the truth and everyone who believes otherwise are just "know-it-all" as you put it. Why don't you learn to simply have your own opinion instead of calling everyone else that thinks differently "know-it-all".

I swear...half the time I read this forum, it looks no different than youtube comments because of people like this...so disappointing.

Well played...

.....dick.
legendary
March 06, 2014, 11:31:36 AM
Totally made up bullshit. I'm sure there are plenty of stupid people who will buy it.

Nice....so you're the ever so brilliant know-it-all....the arrogant narcissist the can only hold the truth and everyone who believes otherwise are just "stupid people" as you put it. Why don't you learn to simply have your own opinion instead of calling everyone else that thinks differently "stupid".

Nice....so you're the ever so brilliant troll....the arrogant narcissist the can only hold the truth and everyone who believes otherwise are just "know-it-all" as you put it. Why don't you learn to simply have your own opinion instead of calling everyone else that thinks differently "know-it-all".

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
March 06, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

legendary
March 06, 2014, 10:35:03 AM

Inventing people from scratch is one thing the mainstream media has gotten pretty good at - think 'Adam Lanza'.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
March 06, 2014, 10:30:57 AM
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense that the guy who went to great lengths to conceal his tracks using anonymous services for email, website registration, not taking phone calls, etc would use his real name on the white paper.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
March 06, 2014, 10:30:07 AM
Has Bitcoin's founder Satoshi Nakamoto been found in California?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/06/bitcoin-founder-satoshi-nakamoto

"A 64-year-old Californian resident, Satoshi Nakamoto, is the creator of the original cryptocurrency, according to Newsweek."
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
March 06, 2014, 10:28:48 AM
Poor guy who lives at that house; his live is f***ed...whether he's Satoshi or not his family/friends are going to be asking for handouts.  Media is gonna be camped on his lawn, and criminals probably already thinking up a plan to try and rob him.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
March 06, 2014, 10:13:07 AM
yep. bullshit.
legendary
March 06, 2014, 10:05:05 AM
Jump to: