Author

Topic: [2014-03-18] Directpool.net Launches Bitcoin Mining Pool that Gives Back (Read 907 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I came across an article on CoinDesk about this with the title "DirectPool Aims To Prevent 51% Attack with Community-First Mining Pool Approach." I have also read the "spoiler" above.

I need someone to explain exactly how DirectPool aims to prevent a 51% attack on the network. More specifically, what is different about DirectPool that would mitigate the risk of a 51% attack on the network?

Additionally, I am having a lot of trouble comprehending the "Community-First" aspect.

As it stands, all I see is another pool to point your miners at. I fail to see any sort of value add. Quite honestly, I fail to see any way DirectPool aims to prevent a 51% attack and I fail to see any way they are putting community first through their pool.

I responded to your post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-directpoolnet-btc-fee-1-pay-tx-pplns-nmc-vardiff-giving-back-472122

Great questions by the way. Also, I don't think the info was clearly elaborated on their website, so that needs some work.

The worker's donation % is going to funding projects and it seems that the voting (POLL) system isn't up yet.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
I came across an article on CoinDesk about this with the title "DirectPool Aims To Prevent 51% Attack with Community-First Mining Pool Approach." I have also read the "spoiler" above.

I need someone to explain exactly how DirectPool aims to prevent a 51% attack on the network. More specifically, what is different about DirectPool that would mitigate the risk of a 51% attack on the network?

Additionally, I am having a lot of trouble comprehending the "Community-First" aspect.

As it stands, all I see is another pool to point your miners at. I fail to see any sort of value add. Quite honestly, I fail to see any way DirectPool aims to prevent a 51% attack and I fail to see any way they are putting community first through their pool.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
a pool reaching the 51% network hashpower? That's great!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
sounds cool, i wish the best!
Jump to: