Author

Topic: [2014-03-18] VICE - Dogecoin's First 100 Days..Better Than Bitcoin's First 1,000 (Read 808 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Well, now I think I should change my mund about Dogecoin ! To tell the truth I am not a hater but was not a fan as I know a lot of people who don't like it. Now I am confused as statistics is telling opposite
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 14
WHY SO MANY DogeCoin haters around?
Ok, DogeCoin is like many othes grows up for the first time. What gonna happen in 2-3 months?
I think we would get else one coin that would grow up.

Actually, I find Doge Coin pretty nice with some potential.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 715
Merit: 500

haters gonna hate!!!

No one is hating on Dogecoin. I'm a big fan of the coin.

Dogecoin piggybacked on Bitcoin's concept and popularity. If Dogecoin had been the first distributed consensus protocol instead of bitcoin, it also would have taken 1,000 days to get where bitcoin is. Or maybe it would have been faster, or maybe it would have completely failed. Nobody knows.

The author is writing out of hindsight and a mismatched hypothetical. It's just poor journalism. That's all.
Activity: 22
exactly, why is everyone so against dogecoin ? I use'em both and I'm happy with them.  Undecided
Activity: 84
Merit: 11

haters gonna hate!!!
Activity: 742

Some of the crap Vice as been spewing recently makes me reconsider some of their previous coverage on subjects I knew nothing about and that I considered to be totally awesome. 

Activity: 531
Merit: 501
If Bitcoin had done something similar in its first 100 days, such as affixing a cool dog's face on its coins, then I'd argue a lot more people would've known what it was before 2011

Yes a cool dog's face would have got the cryptography mailing list far more excited about Bitcoin. Satoshi really missed a trick with that.
Activity: 770
ya 3 forks in 100 days is better then bitcoin , lol fail
Jump to: