Author

Topic: [2014-04-02] Truth and Rumor. And chinese perspective on the situation of chines (Read 1205 times)

Activity: 803
Merit: 500
Thank you.

Cause this is an experiment and in germany we reach the evening, I lowered to price to 0.00049 btc. I am curious what happens.
sorry,Christoph ,but I don`t think it is a good and succesfull idea to make kind of a paywall for articles

hey segeln, it went not completely bad, but not as well i did hope ... the idea is i get payed for writing the blog, so my articles will be free forever. but i want to publish texts like this, and i dont want to pay authors like this magazines popping up around bitcoin currently (they pay worse, even in a worse payed business like writing). so i have to try how its possible. and i cant personally agree with the idea readers should never pay for a text cause we have internet. also i think a system like bitcoin should enable micropayment ...
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Thank you.

Cause this is an experiment and in germany we reach the evening, I lowered to price to 0.00049 btc. I am curious what happens.
sorry,Christoph ,but I don`t think it is a good and succesfull idea to make kind of a paywall for articles
payed a few cents , gues chineese banks never heared of the roman emipry , but you know Smiley

Activity: 602
Thank you.

Thank you.

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Thx, just bought and read it. It really helps to understand the PBOC (and the Chinese way). Even though i was one of the few who predicted this exact szenario long ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4047287
I said, 0.0001   Wink

which are about 4 cent - and too much to give any micropayment-service the chance to succeed.
With Bitcoin Core the fees can be reduced to 0.00001 btc, as I said.
Activity: 630
Is satoshibox using 0.0005 network transfer fee?
Bitcoin network lowered recommended (mandatory for outputs of 0.01 btc or less) fee to 0.0001 btc.

Recently I read an article by M. Andreessen (http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/why-bitcoin-matters/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0), describing the ease of using Bitcoin in micropayments, 'for free or near-free', just like you are trying to do, but 33% fee for satoshibox is too high in this case.

This is far from being true. You can use a transaction fee of 0.00001 btc, but to do this you have to start Bitcoin Core with a .bat file with special settings. Too complicated for the most to do.
Also there is no other wallet at the moment enabling the lower transaction fee.

Yes, SatoshiBox is far too high. With sellbox I sell it for 0.0011 and receive 0.000845. This is far from optimal, but with a fee from 0.000265 significantly better.
Activity: 630
Is satoshibox using 0.0005 network transfer fee?
Bitcoin network lowered recommended (mandatory for outputs of 0.01 btc or less) fee to 0.0001 btc.

Recently I read an article by M. Andreessen (http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/why-bitcoin-matters/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0), describing the ease of using Bitcoin in micropayments, 'for free or near-free', just like you are trying to do, but 33% fee for satoshibox is too high in this case.
Found a cheaper service, sellbox. So I reduced the price to 0.0011 btc.
Link is here: https://b.sellboxhq.com/l/aCVO/Truth-and-Rumor-The-situation-of-chinese-exchanges
http://bitcoinblog.de/2014/04/03/exclusive-truth-and-rumor-and-chinese-perspective-on-the-situation-of-chinese-exchanges/

A Chinese perspective on developments in China. Our author, Zhang Weiwu, lives in China and has been active in the Bitcoin scene since 2011. Here, he explains how to understand the current rumours about the so-called ‘Bitcoin ban’ on April 15th, why not everything means what it seems to in China, and how the Chinese exchanges will comply with the legislation.
no working link!

It says in part:

"To read the peace (sic) you have to pay 0.0015 BTC. You don’t need to subscribe to anything, you just have to pay and download the pdf."

Interesting idea, but I haven't pursued it. Any big spenders around - about sixty cents in fiat?

Thank you for the comment. I am german and wrote the introduction on the blog (sorry for my bad english-skills). The text itself is from a chinese and I gave it to an english writer to lectorize it. So three people worked several hours to produce this, what was the cause I decided to let the reader pay. It is an experiment.

First thing I learned: Despite several services claim to let you sell content online without fees I have to pay. I tried coinlock, which claims to charge 10 percent fee and has a clean and easy design, but the file has never been uploaded. Than I tried sell-digital from okitoo, which says it charges zero fees, but the price was shown in dollar and there was no adress shown and the qr-code didn't work. Alternatives have been bitbounce (20 cent + 4,9 percent), biturl (didn't understand how this even works) and one more which name I forgot cause it was very troublesome in the registration and also had high fees. Best option was satoshibox. They say they claim zero fees but only the transaction fee for the bitcoin-network. Unfortunately they use 0.0005 for it. My original plan to sell the article for 0.001 btc would mean then that satoshibox receives the half of our income. This was the reason I raised the price to 0.0015. If anybody has a better idea which service to use I would be happy.

Second thing I learned: I used bitcoin to let readers pay for a single article and to payout a chinese author. This alone is what most people in the bitcoin-universe want publishers to do. On top of it I published an article about china, which sums up from a native chinese the situation of the exchanges and explains how to interprete this from a chinese cultural perspective. I thought it should be very welcomed. But nobody said "great". Most people seem to be not interested and some complain about the price. Are 66 cent to much? How much would you pay?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
To read the peace you have to pay 0.0015 BTC. You don’t need to subscribe to anything, you just have to pay and download the pdf. It’s very easy:

1. click this link

2.Pay 0.0015 BTC to the shown address

3.Wait a second till the transaction is seen by the nodes

4. Download the pdf

5. enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
http://bitcoinblog.de/2014/04/03/exclusive-truth-and-rumor-and-chinese-perspective-on-the-situation-of-chinese-exchanges/

A Chinese perspective on developments in China. Our author, Zhang Weiwu, lives in China and has been active in the Bitcoin scene since 2011. Here, he explains how to understand the current rumours about the so-called ‘Bitcoin ban’ on April 15th, why not everything means what it seems to in China, and how the Chinese exchanges will comply with the legislation.
no working link!

It says in part:

"To read the peace (sic) you have to pay 0.0015 BTC. You don’t need to subscribe to anything, you just have to pay and download the pdf."

Interesting idea, but I haven't pursued it. Any big spenders around - about sixty cents in fiat?

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

no working link!

Jump to: