Author

Topic: [2014-04-21] MaidSafe Announces Crowd-Sale Beginning April 22 (Read 1011 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
its a good concept for the founders to get money, iam sure Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
First, they say its a "token", then they say its a currency. Which is it? That is, which profit-only version are they targeting?

Also, "Proof of resource" is rather misleading. How do they counter spoofed "credentials"? If I build a Virtual Machine and say it has 100 TB of access, and serve up random data for any possible query, how do they know if I'm lying or not? Do they hash every bit of data stored and check it? How would they check bandwidth, force every client to do continual speed/transfer tests? And if not, how do you know I'm not lying about it?

If this was so necessary and wonderful, why are they partnering with MSC? Can't the idea stand on its own merits? Or is it merely another flim-flam operation that likes to keep similar schemes close at hand?

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
Did they have to go and create an alt coin? I used to be interested ...
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
http://cointelegraph.com/post/maidsafe_announces_crowd_sale_beginning_april_22#.U1U1uvl_tqU

The creators of MaidSafe announced a 30 day crowd-sale of its safecoin digital currency for the SAFE software beginning at 9 am GMT on April 22. The sale allows the public to purchase MaidSafeCoins (a temporary middle man for safecoins) via Bitcoin or Mastercoin. These MaidSafeCoins will be converted on a 1:1 ration to safecoins when the SAFE network goes into operation.
Jump to: