Author

Topic: [2014-04-30] Bitcoin flirting with a Russian accent belies Confidence (Read 1023 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Well I believe one day Russia will give a strong support for BTC but their President must strongly consider... Smiley

Putin is not that supportive of Bitcoin. But there are several other high ranking Russian government officials, who are either neutral towards Bitcoin or are mildly supportive.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
The central banks of the world are caught in a game theory trap from which they can not escape.

Bitcoin is a threat to them, so their natural response is to act to counter this threat by restricting financial freedom.

Every action they take to restrict financial freedom makes Bitcoin correspondingly more valuable.

All Bitcoin has to do in order to win is to not sell out.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
You know, this days there lots of news about Bitcoin and Russia, and some of them pretty good, for example the one about Bitcoin Foundation in Russia.
So I think that something is changing there or about to change.

Well I believe one day Russia will give a strong support for BTC but their President must strongly consider... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Better then china.

Definitely better than China. In China the government is doing everything it can, to force the exchanges to close. On the other hand, the exchanges such as BTC-E are operating freely in Russia.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Better then china.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
http://cointelegraph.com/post/bitcoin_flirting_with_a_russian_accent_belies_confidence#.U2EOcfl_tqU

In spite of the gloom descending over Russia regarding Bitcoin, it would seem not everyone shares the government’s opinion.

While the Duma recently moved to impose tough restrictions on private electronic money transfers and ban “surrogate currencies”, Russia Today recently published two articles which were considerably more positive.

Jump to: