Author

Topic: [2014-05-14] World’s First Bitcoin Brick and Mortar Swap Point to Open in Urugua (Read 766 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Great idea. I just hope no one takes advantage of any confusion between Bitcoin and Swiftcoin to sell one instead of the other...

Edit:
Actually, going to BNAKs website I find nothing about Bitcoin and I see this in their "about":

"Bnak is an over-the-counter exchange where Swiftcoin and Solidus bonds can be bought and sold. "

So maybe this news is not at all about Bitcoin and the reporter got duped by the confusion I feared?
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
http://cointelegraph.com/news/111438/world_s_first_bitcoin_brick_and_mortar_swap_point_to_open_in_uruguay

The First National BNAK announced that it will be opening the world’s first Bitcoin store in Montevideo, Uruguay. The Cofres (safes) swap point will be the first-of-its-kind Bitcoin and Swiftcoin brick and mortar location where people can go to exchange crypto-currency in over the counter fashion with an actual teller.

This “old-school” approach may be just what the private digital currency needs to develop further as the average person still does not understand exactly what Bitcoin is, let alone how to buy, sell or use it for everyday things.

Jump to: