Author

Topic: [2014-05-18] Give $250,000 in Bitcoin, Get Second Citizenship (Read 763 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
In Austria it depends on how much time you spend in Austria. If you are more than half of the year in Austria, you have to pay income tax. I don't know about other countries

I think that everywhere except the US, it is like this way only. Anyway, if you are a millionaire, then you won't face any difficulty in shifting your place of residence every few months. Or better, you can reside in St Kitts and look after your business in Austria.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
if person is USA citizen all his income is taxable worldwide from what I heard. Unless place have got double taxation treaty with USA Smiley

Actually a great option for the billionaires (and millionaires). Spend some $400,000 for the entire family, and you don't have to pay any income tax, wealth tax, or inheritance tax anymore. And no capital gains tax as well.
In Austria it depends on how much time you spend in Austria. If you are more than half of the year in Austria, you have to pay income tax. I don't know about other countries
legendary
if person is USA citizen all his income is taxable worldwide from what I heard. Unless place have got double taxation treaty with USA Smiley

Yep. I'm fairly certain you can't legally evade U.S. taxes unless you renounce your U.S. citizenship. Dual citizenship doesn't mean you get to choose which country you want to pay taxes to.

Yes... if you are an American citizen, then you might need to renounce the citizenship. So think hard about it. On the other hand, if you are a citizen of the European Union, you can evade taxes by getting a second citizenship.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Actually a great option for the billionaires (and millionaires). Spend some $400,000 for the entire family, and you don't have to pay any income tax, wealth tax, or inheritance tax anymore. And no capital gains tax as well.

Yep. I'm fairly certain you can't legally evade U.S. taxes unless you renounce your U.S. citizenship. Dual citizenship doesn't mean you get to choose which country you want to pay taxes to.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
This is great, thx for posting it. I can definitely see myself accumulating enough money over the next 5-10 yrs, including what I got yet excluding any major uptick in the BTC price, to make a real estate purchase down there. I was originally thinking Belize or Puerto Rico but this seems more exclusive and more low key.
Haha! So you cannot be a real Chef Ramsay Tongue because he would have enough money to but a Citizenship and an Island Smiley

Anyway - this is just another method on how to spend $250k Smiley

I would stay rather with other plans - but this is interesting. Isn't?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
This is great, thx for posting it. I can definitely see myself accumulating enough money over the next 5-10 yrs, including what I got yet excluding any major uptick in the BTC price, to make a real estate purchase down there. I was originally thinking Belize or Puerto Rico but this seems more exclusive and more low key.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Do you want to escape from the FUD? Smiley
You can always help yourself with a Second Citizenship Cheesy

A link to an article

We can buy it here:

and what we can read on a main page is:
Today’s news headlines are filled with stories from around the globe about upheaval, increased taxes, and governments exerting more and more control over citizens’ freedoms and privacy. The world is rapidly changing and destabilizing, creating more and more risk for people everywhere.

Having a second citizenship and passport in a stable country is now a must in order to hedge against governmental intrusion and excessive taxation. This site explores the value and benefits of acquiring economic citizenship in the Caribbean island nation of St. Kitts and Nevis. This well-respected program is the fastest and easiest pathway to citizenship by investment of any in the world.

And now, one St. Kitts company that is authorized by the government to submit citizenship applications is accepting Bitcoins for the required property investment and all fees associated with acquiring St. Kitts citizenship.

Hehe... Isn't that great? Cheesy

I am curious how many citizens this island will have... Smiley
Jump to: