Author

Topic: [2014-05-20] Causes of Bitcoin Price Breakout on May 20th, 2014 (Read 1698 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Perhaps this was a pre-emptive buy from these guys:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2014-05-21-euro-pacific-precious-metal-selects-bitpay-619230

Probably thinking the price will surge with their announcement?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Today we are noticing a a price breakout on Bitcoin, with a current price of $480.43 on Bitstamp. This comes after a long slippery downhill slope for Bitcoin over the past 5 months from $900 and it’s all time peak of just over $1160 on November 30th, 2013. This breakout may represent a trend reversal for Bitcoin on it’s way up to $1,200 per Bitcoin by July 2014 as predicted in my previous Bitcoin price analysis here...

The first possibility may be due to Bitpay raising another $30 million dollars in funding in order to expand their team, including a focus on international Bitcoin Trading. ...

Causes of Bitcoin Price Breakout on May 20th, 2014

The author is predicting "$1,200 per Bitcoin by July 2014", which seems way too optimistic. A slower (more sustainable) rally might be better for long-term health of the BTC economy.

Wow, that's only a little more than a month away... no way it will happen that quickly. Maybe by the end of this year though.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Well... a 10% increase from $450 to $495 does not impress me. I hope that within the next two or three months it will reach the pre-Mt Gox levels (i.e $800-900 range). It can even cross the 1K mark this year.  Angry
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The timing of the rise implies it was a purely western phenomena, the most likely explanation for which was the Winklevoss twins doing a press release that  Bitcoin would be bigger than facebook.

Of course it doesn't really matter what started it, belief feeds itself, so if enough bulls believe this is the start of the next upswing, then it will be.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Today we are noticing a a price breakout on Bitcoin, with a current price of $480.43 on Bitstamp. This comes after a long slippery downhill slope for Bitcoin over the past 5 months from $900 and it’s all time peak of just over $1160 on November 30th, 2013. This breakout may represent a trend reversal for Bitcoin on it’s way up to $1,200 per Bitcoin by July 2014 as predicted in my previous Bitcoin price analysis here...

The first possibility may be due to Bitpay raising another $30 million dollars in funding in order to expand their team, including a focus on international Bitcoin Trading. ...

The author is predicting "$1,200 per Bitcoin by July 2014", which seems way too optimistic. A slower (more sustainable) rally might be better for long-term health of the BTC economy.

Well there are bulls and there are bears if I recall the October Rally took around 2 to 3 months to reach its peak but was followed by a long trough and stable period so it definitely could happen if the support and demand can sustain it.
The question though is if we are breaking out of the sideways pattern and moving up into a bull line
Bit speculative and way to early to tell but I disagree with the slow sustainable rally occurring but more of another rapid rise and new high then stable sustainable period again.
Although your right the stability does help when its around.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Thanks for posting this is what I was searching the forums for
Was starting to get curious as to why the price was moving so much in a short period
There was also an announcement from CFIG today probably a minor factor but the only thing I noticed
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=CFIG
Thanks for sharing
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire

Jump to: