Author

Topic: [2014-06-01] Boston University Economist Mark T. Williams’ Bitcoin Price Predict (Read 714 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
He's a lecturer, not a professor. He does not have a PhD. He is not tenured, as far as I can tell.
My take is that he is a bankster who plays at being an academic.

Or someone who is funded by the Visa / Master and the bankers. If he doesn't even have a Ph.D, then I don't know why all the media outlets are taking him seriously. This guy is some lowlife, who is in search of cheap publicity.

Well he is well known at Boston University and he is though to be a great economist Smiley

Even without Ph.D he gain some respect - that's why they are talking about him Smiley

Anyway - his predictions are not too realistic ;P
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
He's a lecturer, not a professor. He does not have a PhD. He is not tenured, as far as I can tell.

Or someone who is funded by the Visa / Master and the bankers. If he doesn't even have a Ph.D, then I don't know why all the media outlets are taking him seriously. This guy is some lowlife, who is in search of cheap publicity.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
This is what tenure gives a lot of: grant money for preaching and teaching stupidity. This guy would've likely lost his job at a private university for being so ignorant, getting slapped down and then going all-in on it. Tho, he is probably getting some laughs from his associates.

"Prior to teaching, he worked as a senior trading floor executive, a bank trust officer and as a bank examiner for the Federal Reserve Bank."

http://smgapps.bu.edu/mgmt_new/profiles/williamsmark.html

From Wiki:

"He became a bank trust officer for Wilmington Trust Company (formerly Sussex Trust), joining TD Banknorth (1987) and attended the ABA National Graduate Trust School at Northwestern University (1988). In 1993 he earned a Masters of Business Administration from Boston University and joined the Federal Reserve Bank as an examiner in Boston and San Francisco. In 1996 he became a senior risk analyst for Pacific Gas & Electric. One year later he joined Citizens Power LLC, a Boston based energy trading company, and became Senior Vice President, Head of Global Risk Management. Since 2002, he has been on the faculty of Boston University as Executive-in-Residence/Master Lecturer. He is a member of the Standard and Poors Academic Council, a senior advisor at the Brattle Group and is on the board of Appleton Partners, a Boston-based private wealth management firm. Recently, he has given testimony to the New York State Department of Financial Services and attended a hearing a Congressional hearing on Bitcoin."

Can't get much more bankster than that.

Edit: Oops, I forgot the Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_T._Williams

Perhaps they will dismiss his evidence as FUD now
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
This is what tenure gives a lot of: grant money for preaching and teaching stupidity. This guy would've likely lost his job at a private university for being so ignorant, getting slapped down and then going all-in on it. Tho, he is probably getting some laughs from his associates.

"Prior to teaching, he worked as a senior trading floor executive, a bank trust officer and as a bank examiner for the Federal Reserve Bank."

http://smgapps.bu.edu/mgmt_new/profiles/williamsmark.html

From Wiki:

"He became a bank trust officer for Wilmington Trust Company (formerly Sussex Trust), joining TD Banknorth (1987) and attended the ABA National Graduate Trust School at Northwestern University (1988). In 1993 he earned a Masters of Business Administration from Boston University and joined the Federal Reserve Bank as an examiner in Boston and San Francisco. In 1996 he became a senior risk analyst for Pacific Gas & Electric. One year later he joined Citizens Power LLC, a Boston based energy trading company, and became Senior Vice President, Head of Global Risk Management. Since 2002, he has been on the faculty of Boston University as Executive-in-Residence/Master Lecturer. He is a member of the Standard and Poors Academic Council, a senior advisor at the Brattle Group and is on the board of Appleton Partners, a Boston-based private wealth management firm. Recently, he has given testimony to the New York State Department of Financial Services and attended a hearing a Congressional hearing on Bitcoin."

Can't get much more bankster than that.

Edit: Oops, I forgot the Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_T._Williams

legendary

Well Smiley We can say that those were "His predictions" - everyone can make mistakes with predictions but indeed he was a way away from the truth and he is perhaps not a best economist ever Tongue Smiley

Perhaps next time he will think twice before he will tell anything about "the future" :]
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
yeah but of course he could be right in the future

(but i dont think so)
legendary
Well Mark T. Williams isn't very good with his predictions Smiley

A quick look at the latest info from CoinMarketCap reveals that Bitcoin’s price sits at $630, or 6,300% higher than what Williams had predicted.

well Smiley he was pretty close to it ... but ...

A link to an article.
Jump to: