Author

Topic: [2014-07-03] Venture capitalist Draper wins Silk Road $19m bitcoin auction (Read 849 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I am curious how much he paid for them. I guess we'll never know.

I'm sure the price he paid will be leaked or made known at some point. Won't the government have to declare it at some point or in some way? I am interested in how much he paid for them though and also what then other bids/bidders were.
I think, there is a law, that the have to make such stuff public 50 years after it occured. I don't think, anybody would be interested in it then Wink
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

I'm sure the price he paid will be leaked or made known at some point. Won't the government have to declare it at some point or in some way? I am interested in how much he paid for them though and also what then other bids/bidders were.
Activity: 658
How many time we have to rebroadcast this old news?.... gee
Activity: 546
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
http://www.cityam.com/1404348602/venture-capitalist-draper-wins-silk-road-19m-bitcoin-auction

Draper issued a statement yesterday saying he would use the bitcoins to “provide liquidity and confidence to markets that have been hamstrung by weak currencies” in a partnership with Vaurum, a Californian bitcoin startup.

Vaurum is a year-old bitcoin exchange for financial institutions that counts Draper, his son Adam and AOL co-founder Steve Case among its investors.
Jump to: