Author

Topic: [2014-07-07] Roger Ver Set to Donate 165K+on Twitter For Ross Ulbricht’s Defense (Read 1017 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Things will get a lot clearer when the government presents it's case. I am with holding judgement until then. They should have never publicly mentioned any murder for hire scheme without clearly damning evidence. 
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
quarkchain.io
Roger,

I assume you had major reservations about drawing this kind of attention to yourself.

Until your post,  I was not aware that 5 of the 6 contract murder charges were discarded.  I had assumed that Ross asked for the hit because he feared for his life and benefit of doubt meant self defense.  I now assume the hitman contracts were complete bullshit fabricated by the law enforcement, and all Ross did was set up a web site for people to trade anything but guns.  Not quite as nefarious, and hero is the correct word.  I hope that perjury charges are considered for law enforcement officials who rammed this through.

Thanks for doing this Roger.  Thanks for doing Silk Road DPR.

Cole
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
He should better donate that money to the Bitcoin Development fund if he wants todo something good where everyone benefits from.

I have so far no reason to believe that the guy isnt the SR "admin" and there are enough better ways to spend that amount on, where a lot more people benefit and not some overpaid lawyers.
just my 2 cents Wink
Activity: 672
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
What would be the defense?

I know and believe that people should be able to do what they please to their own bodies but selling drugs is illegal.

As much as I think people should have that freedom to do as they please...that is the status quo.

Gonna be hard to defend against breaking the law especially if the incriminating evidence is very strong.

Sounds like wasted money. Could be put to better use feeding the homeless etc.

hmmm, maybe iam the only one who think that you are criminal when you run a drug-site and make millions?   Roll Eyes ...maybe iam not libertarian enough to understand that  Tongue

haha, i suppose i agree with you, LiteCoinGuy, in fact i've posted that cause i was incredibly impressed with what Roger did.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

I know and believe that people should be able to do what they please to their own bodies but selling drugs is illegal.

As much as I think people should have that freedom to do as they please...that is the status quo.

Gonna be hard to defend against breaking the law especially if the incriminating evidence is very strong.

hmmm, maybe iam the only one who think that you are criminal when you run a drug-site and make millions?   Roll Eyes ...maybe iam not libertarian enough to understand that  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I wonder what the price of BTC will be when he gets out in... what... 2044 ?

thought they caught him logged into the server when they raided him for the arrest?

seems like 165k going to be wasted.

It sucks because he will no doubt get a much heavier sentence than people who commit FAR WORSE crimes...

ros has still a lot of btc around 400.000 or something.

Notthematrix, what are you trying to say in your reply to Smoothie ?

what Iam saying that it looks like they dont have a case!
This are some facts , not media mombo jambo , so helping him is a good thing.

The Case

The Federal government claims that Ross Ulbricht created and operated the web marketplace Silk Road, under the pseudonym Dread Pirate Roberts (DPR). He was arraigned in New York on four counts, to which he pleaded not guilty: narcotics trafficking; computer hacking; money laundering; and engaging in a criminal enterprise.

However, the actual allegations are for hosting a website not for breaking these laws. He is not alleged to have possessed or sold drugs; organized people in an illegal enterprise; hacked into a computer; or laundered legal tender. Please see http://freeross.org/counts-against-ulbricht-are-deeply-flawed/ for a fuller explanation of why the charges are unconstitutionally vague and misapplied.

Although initially charged with planning six murders, Ross was not indicted in New York for any. In November prosecutor Serrin Turner used the murder-for-hire allegations to argue against bail being granted, yet he did not indict Ulbricht for these allegations in February. In addition, no victim is named in the prosecution’s complaint or the New York indictment, and the FBI affidavit states that there is no record of any actual homicide.  There is still an indictment in Maryland alleging one murder-for-hire crime. We are convinced it is false and predict that this remaining accusation of planned violence will go the way of the other five.

(Note: The murder-for-hire allegation is now an “uncharged crime” mentioned in the narcotics trafficking conspiracy section of the New York Indictment.  It is NOT a formal charge and requires no proof).

http://freeross.org/the-case-the-goal-and-why-this-matters-2/

So it looks  more and more , like the Jullian assange case. (or ed snowden)
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I wonder what the price of BTC will be when he gets out in... what... 2044 ?

thought they caught him logged into the server when they raided him for the arrest?

It sucks because he will no doubt get a much heavier sentence than people who commit FAR WORSE crimes...

Notthematrix, what are you trying to say in your reply to Smoothie ?
legendary

You should be better informed then the hype...

nerver read the case?

The Case

The Federal government claims that Ross Ulbricht created and operated the web marketplace Silk Road, under the pseudonym Dread Pirate Roberts (DPR). He was arraigned in New York on four counts, to which he pleaded not guilty: narcotics trafficking; computer hacking; money laundering; and engaging in a criminal enterprise.

However, the actual allegations are for hosting a website not for breaking these laws. He is not alleged to have possessed or sold drugs; organized people in an illegal enterprise; hacked into a computer; or laundered legal tender. Please see http://freeross.org/counts-against-ulbricht-are-deeply-flawed/ for a fuller explanation of why the charges are unconstitutionally vague and misapplied.

Although initially charged with planning six murders, Ross was not indicted in New York for any. In November prosecutor Serrin Turner used the murder-for-hire allegations to argue against bail being granted, yet he did not indict Ulbricht for these allegations in February. In addition, no victim is named in the prosecution’s complaint or the New York indictment, and the FBI affidavit states that there is no record of any actual homicide.  There is still an indictment in Maryland alleging one murder-for-hire crime. We are convinced it is false and predict that this remaining accusation of planned violence will go the way of the other five.

(Note: The murder-for-hire allegation is now an “uncharged crime” mentioned in the narcotics trafficking conspiracy section of the New York Indictment.  It is NOT a formal charge and requires no proof).

http://freeross.org/the-case-the-goal-and-why-this-matters-2/

So it looks  more and more , like the Jullian assange case.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

legendary

legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Activity: 672
Jump to: