Author

Topic: [2014-07-31] Bitcoin is barely regulated — and these congressmen want to keep it (Read 796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I don't understand "barely regulated"; it's like saying someone is "barely human", as though adding more fingers or a second brain to a person will make them reasonably human.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
The moment BTC are used to fund their election campaigns, they would sit up and take it seriously. {Money is a motivator}

In case anyone doesn't know:
It is "fully legal" now for political candidates to accept Bitcoin; That "decision" was made earlier this year.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
The moment BTC are used to fund their election campaigns, they would sit up and take it seriously. {Money is a motivator}

I am not saying "Bribe" politicians, I am saying .....When you want to support them, tell them, you will do it in bitcoins. If they do not want to take it, it's their loss.

Once more people and companies do this, they will re-consider their views on BTC

But the first step to success, would be to educate them and to try to cancel the damage done, by mis-information and bad reporting done by uninformed Press.  Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/07/30/bitcoin-is-barely-regulated-and-these-congressmen-want-to-keep-it-that-way/

Many technophiles and libertarians already love Bitcoin. If three bitcoin-friendly congressmen have their way, federal lawmakers could, too.

Bitcoin industry representatives descended on Capitol Hill on July 29 to trumpet the cryptocurrency to any staffers who would listen.

Not many, though, were listening. Although a morning briefing on the issue drew several dozen Hill staffers, attendance was sparse at an educational evening tabling event.
Jump to: