Author

Topic: [2014-08-08] The signs it's time to pull out of Bitcoin investment (Read 1764 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Skoupi the Great
I was expecting for some signs from the stars or something... deeply dissapointed...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Even the best analysts cannot say for 100% where and when the market would go. This article is of course full of BS, but on the other hand, many people expected the price to take off by now and it is not happening. Why?

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
There we go another website writing complete nonsense. This is the worst time to pull out of BTC.
Anyone who does this will be crying soon.

Some guys want to get coins quickly before they get back to $1000, this is the reason for such articles I think

These articles seem to work and tends to sow adversarial mindsets about BTC in the minds of those that are looking at things with an open mind, yet very little savvy. These are typically people with some sort of money that they realize isn't getting any bigger in the bank nor want to trust the stock market to keep the train running. But, the sordid history of the Bitcoin price makes these types real nervous but perhaps this newfound stability will remedy that. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
We need some contrarian views.
There can't be only buyers in a market. What would happen to bitcoin's price then.  Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
There we go another website writing complete nonsense. This is the worst time to pull out of BTC.

I predict there will be another event that what happend with the early adopters. Maybe we can be the second wave early adopters.
Activity: 518

Some guys want to get coins quickly before they get back to $1000, this is the reason for such articles I think
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Activity: 138
They can pull out of investing, but I'm in it for the long haul. I think you'd be silly to cash out now personally. Who knows what price bitcoin will go to. Sky could be the limit.
Activity: 178
Don't leave the church before the singing.
Activity: 159
Absolute rubbish. Time to pull out? Bitcoin is only just getting started.
Activity: 154
Its actually the opposite, if you had followed bitcoins for years, you would know right now is a good time to buy in. I had this exact feeling before the run up to $250.

I have that feeling for several months now, but the upward run still does not come. :-)
Activity: 406
Its actually the opposite, if you had followed bitcoins for years, you would know right now is a good time to buy in. I had this exact feeling before the run up to $250.

There does seem to be a calm period before the surges. December through Q1 2015 seems like it will be an interesting time. 
legendary

Did you have the guts to act on it?  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Instinct tells me this piece is nonsense, but I still feel compelled to dissect it a bit to see if I can find reasoning flaws. This is one such flaw, I think:

"... a spike in the amount of online searches being carried out around the currency. This leads to more chatter about Bitcoins...."

The claim is that the searches lead to more chatter (which leads to more interest, which leads to higher prices), but for me it begs the question "What led to the searches?"

It also invites questions as to why the increased searches are interpreted as positive interest, rather than negative interest.

Overall, I think they have stumbled on some correlations that will have predictive value until they don't - along the lines of "every BTC buyer used toothpaste on the very day (s)he bought BTC."

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
What is he smoking?

Let them panic and sell, it's just more coins becoming available for us, and to use later to wave under their nose's.  Wink

Making assumptions based on web searches is just ridiculous, but they obviously getting a kick out of it. 
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Simplistic SEO-spun regurgitation of the "Search spikes correlate to bubble peaks" story. There's nothing here worth reading.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
they have but when you run a website called "betanews" you must get attention with stupid content  Grin
legendary
The signs it's time to pull out of Bitcoin investment

http://betanews.com/2014/08/08/the-signs-its-time-to-pull-out-of-bitcoin-investment/

I thought people had stopped being bearish on bitcoins.  Smiley
Jump to: