Author

Topic: [2014-08-26] North Carolina will treat bitcoin as monetary value (Read 1080 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Sounds like their main goal to me is to license all new money transmitters and make sure it runs in a business format w/o some small time mom and pop operation.

I agree with that. They just want to charge licensing fees. But what amazes me the most is that many states and indeed countries seem to treat bitcoin differently. One says it is money, the other says it is not. This will create a mess later on for companies who want to do business in different countries.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Sounds like their main goal to me is to license all new money transmitters and make sure it runs in a business format w/o some small time mom and pop operation.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Governments and lawmakers across the world are racing to establish virtual currency regulations and guidelines under the guise of consumer protection. So far New York has taken the lead by proposing sweeping and heavy-handed legislation in the form of the NYDFS BitLicense proposal.

The North Carolina Commission of Banks (NCCOB), which is the primary state regulator for financial regulation in N.C., recently revealed that while it is working with government agencies and private stakeholders to establish regulations, their approach is different than the New York BitLicense model.

http://coinfinance.com/news/north-carolina-taking-different-approach-to-regulating-virtual-currencies

Jump to: