Author

Topic: [2014-09-12] Overstock.com Becomes First Major Retailer to Accept Bitcoin Worldw (Read 1035 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
next step is to create a bit asset in bitshares system. I hear they are considering it soon.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
This is great news! Earlier they were accepting Bitcoin payments only from users in the United States. A lot of international users were complaining to the Overstock authorities about this. Anyway, now I am glad that I can pay for my goods in Overstock using BTC. A big thanks once again to the Overstock CEO and Bitcoin crusader, Patrick Byrne.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
http://www.wired.com/2014/09/overstock-com-becomes-first-major-retailer-accept-bitcoin-worldwide/

Early this morning, the Salt Lake City-based company started accepting bitcoin payments in all foreign countries. Anyone anywhere can now use the digital currency to purchase anything offered by Overstock, from phone accessories to lawn furniture—though there are certain countries where the company doesn’t ship purchases. “As long as you can get on the internet, you can order and pay in bitcoin,” says Overstock founder and CEO Patrick Byrne. “You can order in North Korea if you want—as long as you’re having things delivered to, say, Singapore.”
Jump to: