Author

Topic: [2014-1-16] ESPN: Sacramento Kings to accept Bitcoin (Read 1957 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
where's lakers?

Los Angeles.  If the Lakers take Bitcoin then the Kings and the Clippers probably will too because they all play at the Staples Center in LA.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Great news!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Surprised Mark Cuban wasn't the first in on this.
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Evolution is the only way to survive
where's lakers?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Americans may not know, but NBA is huge in China.

If half of the NBA teams start to accept BTCs, then one more reason for people to ignore the dirty politics.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Ha, I thought it was the LA Kings at first too. Basketball meh.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
great, great News !!!
all sports in USA are very popular and the fans are very enthusiatic
And the fans will propagate bitcoins.For sure
legendary
Another article on CNN News:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/16/news/companies/nba-bitcoin/

This one mentioned that other teams have been looking into it!  Grin
"They wanted to move really fast," said Gallippi. Since the announcement, other teams have reached out about using Bitcoin he said, though he declined to name names.

Who would have thought that the earliest adopters would have been professional sports teams?  I would have thought Amazon, Newegg and a mostly online shopping sites but sports teams?  I would have thought that they would have trailed the online shopping sites for a while.

Exciting for sure!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Definitely good news for bitcoin. Just the story itself being on ESPN is huge...a lot of people who didn't know about bitcoin yesterday will know about it today. And if the experiment for the Kings works, this thing could really take off...
legendary
Yes!  And I have a feeling professional teams do not like to feel like they are behind the other teams in making money so I think all it takes is just one to get the ball rolling.

Hopefully there are enough Bitcoin users in Sacramento to kick things off  for them.  If it was the LA Kings we would have purchased tickets and merchandise today.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
This is HUGE!!!!

Can you imagine what it will mean if all of the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB start accepting it?

Then all the NCAA sports teams???

$2000 bitcoin can not be far off, folks.
legendary
Another article.  This one mentions that they decided to sign up last week after visiting CES:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/16/sacramento-kings-fans-can-now-buy-tickets-and-merchandise-with-bitcoin-via-a-new-bitpay-partnership/
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Great news!
legendary
A little bummed that it was the Sacramento Kings and not the LA Kings.  We are pretty big hockey fans!  

This is good news though.  More teams should follow soon!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10303116/sacramento-kings-become-first-pro-sports-team-accept-bitcoin
Jump to: