Author

Topic: [2014-10-24] Bit Con? Veteran fraud expert sets his sights on bitcoin (Read 2649 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Another idiot trying to hype up a book title to increase attention and possibly selling more books.

It's always funny when you see stuff like this and then see the journalists eat this up for facts. Big companies in fear of Bitcoin hire people to write books to tarnish the object of their fear.

A Billion dollar currency, being called a "pretend currency" is a fact in it self.  Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Professor Bitcorn2.0 ?

And another fail like "Bitcoin will go back to $10 by first half of 2014".
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Professor Bitcorn2.0 ?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
he's just an old far who dosent understand new things ...
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Always important to listen to and be aware of all perspectives...author Jeff Robinson on Bitcoin:

http://fortune.com/2014/10/24/bitcoin-fraud-scam/

...There’s not a legitimate economist of any note on the planet that thinks it’s a real currency. The anarchist, libertarian wing of the bitcoin party tend to believe in Austrian economics...

Meanwhile, he conveniently fails to mention the fact that one of the most famous libertarian economists (if not the most famous libertarian economist) predicted an internet currency like Bitcoin years in advance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MnQJFEVY7s

Unless, of course, he doesn't believe Milton Friedman qualifies as a "legitimate economist of any note"?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
found this on reddit. someone contacted the author on facebook:

I called him out respectfully on his Facebook page a few weeks ago regarding how he proposes to divorce the blockchain and the unit of account as he loves one and derides the other. All I got was a hand-wavy answer which avoided the question, I then asked him to clarify and elaborate...

Does not reply, deletes post a few days later. Guy is all bark and no bite which is evident with the amount of ad hominem he uses combined with no counter-argument on his central argument (blockchain revolutionary, Bitcoin worthless, no answer as to how you can divorce the two.)

thats it.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Always important to listen to and be aware of all perspectives

Wrong. Always important to listen to and be aware of informed perspectives which clearly this tabloid journalist is not.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Most of his points is not sufficient and subjective. I don't think he fancy the technology and totally ignores the advantages the bitcoin has brought to us.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
He doesn't understand that without bitcoin the currency there is no way to secure the decentralized Bitcoin blockchain ledger.

Basically a blockchain can be cryptocurrency-free or decentralized but it cannot be both.

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001
Always important to listen to and be aware of all perspectives...author Jeff Robinson on Bitcoin:

http://fortune.com/2014/10/24/bitcoin-fraud-scam/
Jump to: