Author

Topic: [2014-12-07] CD: Bitcoin Remittance Services Should Leave the 'Bitcoin' Part Out (Read 939 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I think bitcoin has the potential to be a huge part in the remittance market. It cuts out the middle man for expensive wire and bank chargers.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Hmm. I don't care whether they 'leave out the bitcoin part' or whether consumers are aware of it in their transaction as long as it's used and it lowers the fees involved.
For real, BTC should be ruling the global remittance market in the years to come and things will get real crazy if and when paypal decides to link up for good. If I had to pick a favorite part of BTC it would be the ease of remittances. Such value in that!
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
Hmm. I don't care whether they 'leave out the bitcoin part' or whether consumers are aware of it in their transaction as long as it's used and it lowers the fees involved.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Why Bitcoin Remittance Services Should Leave the 'Bitcoin' Part Out

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-remittance-services-leave-bitcoin-part/

Just over a month later, the first cash-in, cash-out remittance solution powered by bitcoin was piloted in World Wide House, with Bitspark in Hong Kong acting as the intake and Rebit in the Philippines acting as the payout.

Reconciliation occurs in real-time via bitcoin between the two companies, in a fraction of the time required for traditional fiat.

In this situation, bitcoin is invisible. It is about as relevant to the customer as SMTP is to the average Gmail user – that is to say, not at all. The only things that matter to the customer are that this new service is offering cheaper remittances and is at least as reliable as any other traditional provider.
Jump to: