Author

Topic: [2014-12-09] Bitcoin Hardware Wallets Could Become as Ubiquitous as Smartphones (Read 988 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Why would I use a hardware wallet when I can use my smart phone?

I'd rather have one device than two...
Yeah, but if the wallets become cheap, I wouldn't mind having a small one on my key chain. Phones are getting bigger and bigger Wink

At least a hardware wallet won't bend in your pocket  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Why would I use a hardware wallet when I can use my smart phone?

I'd rather have one device than two...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
"still a bit too expensive"

thats true. we must have some cheap devices please (and we will)  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Hardware Wallets Could Become as Ubiquitous as Smartphones

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitcoin-hardware-wallets-could-become-as-ubiquitous-as-smartphones/27208

While many bitcoin enthusiasts look at hardware wallets as the “holy grail” of cryptocurrency security, the reality is these devices are still a bit too expensive and impractical for most people to use. Bitcoin-focused hardware devices, such as the TREZOR, are awesome in the eyes of a bitcoin user, but they don’t make much sense to the average person on the street. After all, purchasing a $100 wallet just to be able to use bitcoin securely is not exactly the best sales pitch for digital currency.

Having said all that, bitcoin hardware wallets could still have a bright future. That is, if they end up being about more than just storing bitcoin private keys.
Jump to: