Author

Topic: [2015-01-09]CA - German Bank Sparkasse Blocks Bitcoin-Related Bank Transfers (Read 991 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
ah okay thx. keep us up to date.

Will do, no worries, I expect to post an update article tomorrow (if all goes to plan)
legendary
Activity: 1148
In Satoshi I Trust
ah okay thx. keep us up to date.
legendary
I think what's actually happening is Sparkasse is calling customers and asking them if they meant to do the transfer. If you say 'yes' they will send it. If you say 'No, I was hacked' then they'll reverse it. Sparkasse is not stopping their customers from sending wires to any bitcoin exchange accounts (at least that's my impression).

The information we received from Anycoin Direct tells an entirely different story though.

Apparently, they don't call every impacted customer. Some transfers are just reversed without any communication or reason.

However, not all transfer are affected either, so I'm still in talks with Anycoin Direct & other exchanges to find out what is going on.....
legendary
Activity: 1148
In Satoshi I Trust
I think what's actually happening is Sparkasse is calling customers and asking them if they meant to do the transfer. If you say 'yes' they will send it. If you say 'No, I was hacked' then they'll reverse it. Sparkasse is not stopping their customers from sending wires to any bitcoin exchange accounts (at least that's my impression).
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Unfortunately this isn't something new. Happens in the US and the UK. I can't really see their logic in not wanting to do business with bitcoin-related companies. If they're worried about money laundering then they need to just shut down their own business or stop dealing with a mutitude of companies that deal with fiat that are well known to be used by money launderers.
legendary
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/german-bank-sparkasse-blocks-bitcoin-related-bank-transfers

When it comes to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, it is incredibly difficult for most companies to obtain proper banking relationships. As we all know, banks are extremely wary of Bitcoin on the outside, yet they have all taken a vast interest in the digital currency when it comes to internal matters. German bank Sparkasse is blocking any incoming and outgoing bank transfers related to cryptocurrency since a few days.
Jump to: