Author

Topic: [2015-02-05] Accused Silk Road operator convicted on U.S. drug charges [Reuters] (Read 441 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
The trial actually made front page of CNN's website today.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
It's not looking good for him, but I'm mixed about the whole thing. Obviously what he did was against the law though I don't think it should be and I would defend him, but it's the alledged murder for hire that I can't stand by and it looks like he did authorize these. I think he's also looking at life behind bars here.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?

Accused Silk Road operator convicted on U.S. drug charges

"(Reuters) - The suspected mastermind behind the underground website Silk Road was convicted on narcotics and other charges on Wednesday for his role in orchestrating a scheme that enabled around $200 million of anonymous online drug sales using bitcoins.

Ross Ulbricht, 30, was found guilty by a Manhattan federal jury on all seven counts he faced after a closely watched four-week trial spilling out of U.S. investigations of the use of the bitcoin digital currency for drug trafficking and other crimes."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/04/us-usa-bitcoin-trial-idUSKBN0L82H920150204?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews

Lips sealed

Jump to: