Author

Topic: [2015-03-10] CD: Bitcoin Startup 21 Announces $116 Million All-Star Backing (Read 1044 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
yeah that could be possible, thx for that.

--

i just want to add that Qualcomm is the 3. largest chip maker in the world  Cheesy - cool.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
big news. next generation hardware for mass-market? maybe even 2.0 miners?  Smiley

A miner is unlikely. My bet is on an embedded Bitcoin wallet. A wallet embedded in your TV (for example) would be much better than the current pay-per-view system.

Another possibility is an embedded bitcoin node. That would be fantastic for Bitcoin, but I don't know why anyone would pay for one.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
Bitcoin Startup 21 Announces $116 Million All-Star Backing

Stealth bitcoin startup 21 Inc, formerly 21e6, has announced new information about its funding history, staff members and investors, revealing it has raised $116m in fundraising over multiple rounds.

Pauker told the news source that 21 aims to leverage Qualcomm’s production capabilities to develop a suite of undisclosed products to be released in the coming months.

Co-founder Balaji Srinivasan, a partner at VC firm Andreessen Horowitz, compared the ambitions of the project to the development of 56-kilobit Internet modems and wireless Internet towers, suggesting a long-term vision that helps bring bitcoin to consumer households.

http://www.coindesk.com/21-record-116-million-funding-all-star-investors/

big news. next generation hardware for mass-market? maybe even 2.0 miners?  Smiley
Jump to: