Author

Topic: [2015-03-19] ZH: Bitcoin Scammers Run Off With $12 Million: “Going to The Caribb (Read 801 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
So, people deposited Bitcoin there? For what, did they act as escrow? And he talks about "profits" in the goodbye letter, was it really profits or stolen coins? Any blockchain evidence? I'm pretty curious.

Also, that "goodbye letter" just seems something written to mock people, they probably haven't got that much profit/stolen that much coins.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I hadn't read the "goodbye" letter, that's hilarious.
He somehow managed to be more honest than Karpeles, amazing.
I bet the one place he isn't going for sure is the Caribbean Tongue

Mark K looks and feels guilty but at least he didn't confess, yet.
Writing a 'goodbye' confession is more dangerous, since people are even more motivated to hunt him down.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Yeah, zero hedge is usually pretty cutting edge on most economic related matters but they sure are behind when it comes to bitcoin. In the political world, Rand Paul comes to mind on being behind simply because he's so busy doing all the campaigning and stuff. Regarding these thieves that get to run off with other peoples' money, they need to be dealt with and made an example out of.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I hadn't read the "goodbye" letter, that's hilarious.
He somehow managed to be more honest than Karpeles, amazing.
I bet the one place he isn't going for sure is the Caribbean Tongue
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
...Over the last several years millions of dollars worth of digital crypto-currencies have been stolen, oftentimes by the very operators of the web sites tasked with managing the online digital “hot” wallets of its users. (A “cold” wallet is used to store crypto-addresses on your own Flash drive or can be written down on a piece of paper). The most recent example comes to us from the “Evolution” Darknet, which according to ...For those utilizing bitcoin and other crypto-currencies it is strongly recommended that they keep their funds in “cold wallet” storage to avoid broker shut downs and theft of “hot wallets” that are stored online.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-19/bitcoin-scammers-run-12-million-%E2%80%9Cgoing-caribbean%E2%80%A6-hope-you-guys-understand%E2%80%9D

ZH never get it right when it comes to bitcoin.
Jump to: