Author

Topic: [2015-04-13] CD: Finnish Startup Denarium Launches 'Low-Cost' Physical Bitcoins (Read 971 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Great! The Casascius coins are sorely missed. What is the map on the 1/10 coin?

It's not a map... It's a horse! lol Smiley Lots of people are confusing this... Not trying to diss or anything, but I don't really see anything except a horse... Smiley

I got this by email from denarium.com: "It's a horse standing on 2 legs Smiley"

Exactly Smiley I think the design is nice and simple.
db
Activity: 279
Merit: 261

It's not a map... It's a horse! lol Smiley Lots of people are confusing this... Not trying to diss or anything, but I don't really see anything except a horse... Smiley

I got this by email from denarium.com: "It's a horse standing on 2 legs Smiley"
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
If you erroneously think private keys known to anyone other than yourself is "much safer", sure.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
This is good news for people who really want to have bitcoin in physical form.

agreed, having Bitcoin in bytes is good but in physical form is much safer and easily accessible Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This is good news for people who really want to have bitcoin in physical form.
legendary
This quite similar to what that security Bittiraha just unveiled this last week. This might even be an article about a spinoff company of theirs, not sure.

It's not similar, it's the same thing Smiley The coins are made and distributed by the folks running Bittiraha.fi
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
This quite similar to what that security Bittiraha just unveiled this last week. This might even be an article about a spinoff company of theirs, not sure.
legendary

db
Activity: 279
Merit: 261
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
The coins look interesting but nothing special though  Undecided. They should offer more creative designs and materials for the coins, anyway good luck for them !
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
legendary
Their coins look nice, simple and they aren't expensive. I hope they develop more models further ahead Smiley Ordered 2 coins from them as soon as pre-orders opened earlier today... Looking forward to have them!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
Finnish Startup Denarium Launches 'Low-Cost' Physical Bitcoins

Finnish bitcoin startup Denarium has launched a range of "low-cost" physical bitcoins in an attempt to stimulate the digital currency's adoption.

Bitcoin-loaded and non-loaded Denarium coins, on pre-sale today, are sold in valuations of 1/10th and 1/100th of a bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/finnish-startup-denarium-launches-low-cost-physical-bitcoins/
Jump to: