Author

Topic: [2015-04-22] TechCrunch: Winklevoss Twins, Activate! Join Them For A Chat ... (Read 632 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Oh no.... I noticed this:

At one time they owned 1% of all mined bitcoin

What does that mean? Does that mean that they are no longer in the possession of the 100K coins, which they bought in 2013? Did they dumped most of their coins?

I think they meant they owned 1% off all Bitcoins in existence at that time. Were much further now, so with more Bitcoins in circulation their percentage is decreased for obvious reasons.

It must be that as I have seen quite a recent video from the Winklevoss bro's saying 'we haven't sold a single Bitcoin'.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Oh no.... I noticed this:

At one time they owned 1% of all mined bitcoin

What does that mean? Does that mean that they are no longer in the possession of the 100K coins, which they bought in 2013? Did they dumped most of their coins?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
This is a great forum for the Winklevii to discuss such issues in the tech world. Looking forward to Disrupt NY!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Winklevoss twins always say the same. I hope this time will be different as I expect them to air some news regarding their Gemini exchange.

They were very loud at the beginning, but last weeks / month there haven't been much talk about it. Looking forward to it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
cool, hopefully there will be a video (i think so  Tongue )
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Winklevoss Twins, Activate! Join Them For A Chat About Bitcoin At TechCrunch Disrupt NY

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/22/winklevoss-twins-activate-join-them-for-a-chat-about-bitcoin-at-techcrunch-disrupt-ny/

TechCrunch Disrupt NY is two weeks away and I’m excited to announce that I’ll be speaking with Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss on stage on May 6th at 12:20pm. The pair will talk to us about their bitcoin investments, their new exchange, and bitcoin regulation in New York and beyond.

Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss are bitcoin bulls and VC investors in bitcoin-based companies. At one time they owned 1% of all mined bitcoin. They studied at Harvard and Oxford and are considered the primary drivers in the New York bitcoin scene. They currently run Winklevoss Capital.
Jump to: