Author

Topic: [2015-05-29] CD: Australia's Commonwealth Bank Latest to Experiment With Ripple (Read 779 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
ever noticed how banks can ALREADY transfer any form of money to another bank ?
why would they adopt a premined coin called Ripple ?
do they want to buy coins and make the Ripple bag holders rich ?
think about it guys lol

edit:
..and COINDESK ? that made me laugh hahha
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
No bank will ever touch xrp other than selling the free gifted once. They have a agreement with Ripple the company and thats it. Even Ripple itself is only using xrp in the most extreme circumstances, which certainly does not apply to banks as they dont deal with some low volume obscure something.

This type of news only means that the bank was given x amout of free xrps (call it a bribe if you like) and they are not allowed to sell it for x amount of time.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Australia's Commonwealth Bank using litecoin or bitcoin? Wow, I don't think you understand ripple.  This whole contagious market cap reasoning has been plaguing this forum for far too long now.  Its not all about the digital currency on these protocols.  There's much more to it.  Plus XRP could pass bitcoin's market cap in one day. Who even says banks like these are using xrp's besides transaction cost? I'd like to see these 30 banks put millions of IOU's onto the protocol and come out and say they aren't using XRP for anything besides transaction cost and reserves.

Choosing and experimenting ripple is a little like being speechless and dumbfounded about Satoshi's ledger invention but at the same time being compliant with AML/KYC. However, ripple will be saving these banks BIG money on cross border transactions but will hardly be passed down to the consumer.

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Ripple has been around since 2004 and if something couldn't take off after 10 years, it probably never will.  It's another MaidSafe, one of those vaporware scams which promises the moon and earth to their investors and then proceeds to live off said investors' money - very lucrative game.

In Ripple's case, if you look back years, you'ld know that they're nothing but serial liars.  Like they made the claim for the longest time of exclusive relationship with 'big banks' but it turns out they were referring to Fidor (which isn't really big big) and Fidor was actually pro-BTC, not pro-Ripple, and today Fidor does nothing with Ripple anymore and instead partnered with Kraken.

For this Australian bank thing, as much Coindesk likes to construe reality, it was probably some 2 hour tech demo to some bored middle manager who has since forgotten about the tech demo.   Cheesy  That doesn't matter though, as the intent is just pump and dump with articles promising the moon and earth and Ripple has been master at this since 2012.

TaunSewer/UtopianFuture calling Ripple a bunch of serial liars? This place never ceases to amaze me! Once again, one of the biggest Cretins in the madhouse throwing rocks from his glass cell. Whats more pathetic... Ripple, or you guys hoping your shitcoins will attract some institutional investor?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Ripple has been around since 2004 and if something couldn't take off after 10 years, it probably never will.  It's another MaidSafe, one of those vaporware scams which promises the moon and earth to their investors and then proceeds to live off said investors' money - very lucrative game.

In Ripple's case, if you look back years, you'ld know that they're nothing but serial liars.  Like they made the claim for the longest time of exclusive relationship with 'big banks' but it turns out they were referring to Fidor (which isn't really big big) and Fidor was actually pro-BTC, not pro-Ripple, and today Fidor does nothing with Ripple anymore and instead partnered with Kraken.

For this Australian bank thing, as much Coindesk likes to construe reality, it was probably some 2 hour tech demo to some bored middle manager who has since forgotten about the tech demo.   Cheesy  That doesn't matter though, as the intent is just pump and dump with articles promising the moon and earth and Ripple has been master at this since 2012.

Activity: 308
I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Well, this is good news for Ripple investors. The price increased by about 17% last 24h.

Ripple has seen a lot of these pump and dumps, and likely it is the Ripple company themselves just throwing their own money on.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
Well, this is good news for Ripple investors. The price increased by about 17% last 24h.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
If thats the case, I will be removing all accounts from the CBA and moving to a bank with sense. What a joke.
Activity: 322
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
Australia's Commonwealth Bank Latest to Experiment With Ripple

The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) announced this week it will use Ripple technology to facilitate payments between its subsidiaries, describing distributed protocols as "the way of the future".

Last May, Germany's Fidor became the first bank to integrate Ripple's protocol into its payments infrastructure, with two US banks, CBW Bank and Cross River Bank, following suit four months later.

Tech news site CIO quoted the CBA's own Chief Information Officer David Whiteing as saying the bank had "done a whole bunch of experiments" with bitcoin and other cryptocurrency technologies.

Full story: http://www.coindesk.com/australia-commonwealth-bank-ripple-experiment/
Jump to: