Author

Topic: [2015-06-03]DMT - Bitcoin is "Banned" in several countries (Read 981 times)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
The only thing they can prevent is the sale of Bitcoin for fiat, they can't prevent people directly trading Bitcoin for goods.

Actually they can if all major ISP's work with governments. They can detect the protocol and ban miners who don't follow the rules. Hell, governments could quite easily take over (or nationalize) all mining in the best interests of the nations or for national security if they wanted to.

Now, imagine gobal governance and a cashless society where every transaction is logged forever, and every bitcoin/crypto address needs to be registered, else transactions are dropped. Every police station in the world is connected to INTERPOL database. It would be simple - but time consuming - to implement a Bitcoin or Crypto Address Registration / Transaction Approval Service database every major ISP is connected to.

Have you seen what's happening with filesharing? It's not that easy, countries who try to shutdown Bitcoin entirely will likely end up bankrupting themselves trying to catch everyone who breaks the rules.

Yes, I am seeing illegal file sharing sites and services close up shop, relocate to, and reopen in more accommodating jurisdictions. Those jurisdictions are becoming fewer and far between. What happens in the future if/when those jurisdiction completely disappear?

BitTorrents are often filtered by ISP's.  I believe it would be possible to allow certain torrents through based on the hashed values of the torrent/content. Legitimate torrent/content providers could register their torrents/content.

I believe in looking to the future and planning for it. Do you really believe that the worlds aristocracy will allow Bitcoin to jeopardize their control of society, politics, and governance and the finance that controls them without using everything at their disposal to combat, destroy, or control it?

I believe they will attempt to take Bitcoin and make it their own, or replace it and their own inferior technologies with "their own" superior blockchain technology. We are already seeing the assimilation and controls being set up in business, finance and governance. These aristocratic families and corporations - that have the legal rights to legal tender/money creation and distribution - have been ruling the world for centuries or more. We have yet to see their best efforts to combat Bitcoin. We called all this years ago. The question is, will the People win when 99.8% don't even use Bitcoin? Will the people even allow themselves to win? The overwhelming vast majority of people go right along with media and government, and the financiers and aristocrats that control them.

I am a realist, but have high hopes for Bitcoin.

That said, the last 5 years has been interesting, and so should the next 5.

OH please shut up , just ask thoose chineese that have a GFW that they penatradte every day
blocking bitcoin will not work and wil never work if they try.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/05/11/internet-in-china-staying-connected-while-traveling/

I'll be a happy man if you are proven right and I am proven wrong in the future.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The only thing they can prevent is the sale of Bitcoin for fiat, they can't prevent people directly trading Bitcoin for goods.

Actually they can if all major ISP's work with governments. They can detect the protocol and ban miners who don't follow the rules. Hell, governments could quite easily take over (or nationalize) all mining in the best interests of the nations or for national security if they wanted to.

Now, imagine gobal governance and a cashless society where every transaction is logged forever, and every bitcoin/crypto address needs to be registered, else transactions are dropped. Every police station in the world is connected to INTERPOL database. It would be simple - but time consuming - to implement a Bitcoin or Crypto Address Registration / Transaction Approval Service database every major ISP is connected to.

Have you seen what's happening with filesharing? It's not that easy, countries who try to shutdown Bitcoin entirely will likely end up bankrupting themselves trying to catch everyone who breaks the rules.

Yes, I am seeing illegal file sharing sites and services close up shop, relocate to, and reopen in more accommodating jurisdictions. Those jurisdictions are becoming fewer and far between. What happens in the future if/when those jurisdiction completely disappear?

BitTorrents are often filtered by ISP's.  I believe it would be possible to allow certain torrents through based on the hashed values of the torrent/content. Legitimate torrent/content providers could register their torrents/content.

I believe in looking to the future and planning for it. Do you really believe that the worlds aristocracy will allow Bitcoin to jeopardize their control of society, politics, and governance and the finance that controls them without using everything at their disposal to combat, destroy, or control it?

I believe they will attempt to take Bitcoin and make it their own, or replace it and their own inferior technologies with "their own" superior blockchain technology. We are already seeing the assimilation and controls being set up in business, finance and governance. These aristocratic families and corporations - that have the legal rights to legal tender/money creation and distribution - have been ruling the world for centuries or more. We have yet to see their best efforts to combat Bitcoin. We called all this years ago. The question is, will the People win when 99.8% don't even use Bitcoin? Will the people even allow themselves to win? The overwhelming vast majority of people go right along with media and government, and the financiers and aristocrats that control them.

OH please shut up , just ask thoose chineese that have a GFW that they penatradte every day
blocking bitcoin will not work and wil never work if they try.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/05/11/internet-in-china-staying-connected-while-traveling/

legendary
Activity: 1540

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
India recently made headlines in terms of Bitcoin bans when the country’s first Bitcoin exchange – called BTCXIndia – was forced to shut down operations to their bank no longer willing to work with Bitcoin-related businesses. Unfortunately for BTCXIndia, this seems to be an issue affecting all of the banks in the country at this point.

Nope, this ain't true. There are multiple exchanges functional at the moment, and they do have banking relationships.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcxindia-shutting-operation-1054433

The situation in India is still very vague. Some of the operators are claiming that they have got accounts with Axis Bank and the ICICI Bank. But these two banks remain answerable to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which has taken some severe anti-Bitcoin measures in the recent past. Unless the RBI allows Bitcoin operations, the Indian exchanges will face a lot of difficulty.
legendary
Activity: 1232
India recently made headlines in terms of Bitcoin bans when the country’s first Bitcoin exchange – called BTCXIndia – was forced to shut down operations to their bank no longer willing to work with Bitcoin-related businesses. Unfortunately for BTCXIndia, this seems to be an issue affecting all of the banks in the country at this point.

Nope, this ain't true. There are multiple exchanges functional at the moment, and they do have banking relationships.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcxindia-shutting-operation-1054433

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

False? 

Laws can do anything, right?
legendary
Activity: 1540
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
http://dmt.li/itcoinban

As much as we would like to use Bitcoin as a global payment method, that is just not possible at the moment. Even though Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that works on a worldwide scale, there are certain regions in the world where Bitcoin is forbidden. It goes without saying that these parts of the world will be interesting to keep an eye on in the future.
Jump to: