Author

Topic: [2015-06-08] BSB: Dissecting Bitcoin – For India (Read 772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
Interesting! Will be waiting for the first press release.
Any message from regulators will increase awareness about Bitcoin in India.

The problem with the message from the regulators, is that they do not want to issue one, until a goody or a bad one happens for Bitcoin.
That was my sense from the discussion of the NPCI official.

From what I saw, a lot of things are in play.
Jack Hidary hardly touched regulation, he was more keen on spread and usage and that was a huge positive, especially when the notion came from someone like him.

There is a bit of a budget to amass to make this happen.. A lot of us working towards it.

I'll blog out a good one for Bitcoin and India tomorrow. Awesome day at Lucknow.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Interesting! Will be waiting for the first press release.
Any message from regulators will increase awareness about Bitcoin in India.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
http://bensonsamuel.com/2015/06/08/dissecting-bitcoin-for-india/

"Vipin explained that in India 90% transactions are in cash, 3% are electronic and 7% of them are in cheque.

This further testified to the decentralised structure that India is already accustomed to, and the growth potential of Bitcoin. While cash is highly anonymous and attempts at being phased out are in progress, Bitcoin is already in the space of providing a decentralised model for the world to adopt and create transaction trails. 90% of a country transacting through cash and hand to hand transactions, is a strong case for decentralizing rather than centralizing further."
Jump to: