Author

Topic: [2015-06-08]Bitcoinist - SaruTobi Drops Bitcoin as In-Game Currency (Read 464 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
I don't know how people expected to earn that amount of Bitcoins in a game Grin I remember having something like 500 game-coins when I used to play... Obviously either the dev got really rich in an instant or they were just game coins Smiley Anyways, if there were people confusing things, I'm glad it all got sorted out.

I think the big news here is the breadwallet integration! What a nice touch. I'm going to test it ASAP Smiley
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
I can't understand any of this. Could you please explain a little bit? My limited understanding is as follows: It seems like SaruTobi was rewarding its users with a crypto-currency, which is different from the original Bitcoin, but having the same name. It was making the users confused, as they were thinking that they were receiving the original BTC.

actually, the players do gain bitcoin, just not the amount that they were expecting (e.g they only get 0.0001 "real btc" when they withdrew 1 "ingame btc")
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I can't understand any of this. Could you please explain a little bit? My limited understanding is as follows: It seems like SaruTobi was rewarding its users with a crypto-currency, which is different from the original Bitcoin, but having the same name. It was making the users confused, as they were thinking that they were receiving the original BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
http://bitcoinist.net/sarutobi-drops-bitcoin-game-currency-integrates-breadwallet-support/

In a shocking turn of events, developers of the popular mobile Bitcoin game SaruTobi have changed the in-game currency to bitCoin. For as long as SaruTobi was using “Bitcoin” as an in-game currency, there have been multiple reports of confusing and outrage among players expecting to earn a lot of money by actively playing the game.  That matter has been resolved now to make it clearer to everyday gamers.
Jump to: