Author

Topic: [2015-06-20]DMT - Browser Plug-in AdBlock Now Supports Bitcoin Donations (Read 745 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Unfortunately I can't seem to find the Bitcoin option... Other are having the same issue on Reddit. Too bad. I was going to give them a few bits.

I am more amazed that they opted for Stripe to be their Bitcoin payment processor, rather than BitPay or Coinbase.

It's got a huge user base, so it would grab some attention, I am just not sure it would make a huge difference.

When big anti-virus companies like Kaspersky / Norton / McAfee start accepting Bitcoin, I would be more impressed. I hate to pay for renewals with the non-Bitcoin methods.

It's a good start, but it has little impact.  Wink

What an epic idea! I'd surely go back to Kaspersky if they accepted Bitcoin.

It would only stay an idea, until more people ask or demand for it's acceptance. I have send several emails asking for it's acceptance, with no reply.

One of the bigger payment processors should engage with them on our behalf... then they would listen. Or a bunch of us should petition them to accept Bitcoin.

It would be better, if someone could explain to them, how they could seamlessly incorporate it, into their current payment systems.

Any of these payment processors willing to hold up their hand? Stripe? Bitpay? Anyone?.... This is what we really want!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
For me, these companies that are accepting bitcoin are just looking to do business w/ us but it does nothing to spread the word and help further adoption if they aren't prominently highlighting on their site that they accept bitcoin nor offer any discount for paying w/ it.

They don't have to. Accepting it should be good enough and I can't see any good reason for them to be actively promoting it over other such options apart from the minimal saving they'll get from fees (but remember they still have to pay coinbase fees etc).

All these companies that make it possible for other companies to accept bitcoin like stripe, coinbase, etc should be offering better deals for the newer ones that decide to come on board. Or, penalize them for taking advantage of bitcoin's ease and efficiency of use w/o offering the consumer any breaks which would draw more users to pay in bitcoin.

I don't think penalizing anyone is a good idea. Adoption is adoption at the end of the day. We can do our part though and should continue to spread the word to more people if companies aren't going to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
For me, these companies that are accepting bitcoin are just looking to do business w/ us but it does nothing to spread the word and help further adoption if they aren't prominently highlighting on their site that they accept bitcoin nor offer any discount for paying w/ it. All these companies that make it possible for other companies to accept bitcoin like stripe, coinbase, etc should be offering better deals for the newer ones that decide to come on board. Or, penalize them for taking advantage of bitcoin's ease and efficiency of use w/o offering the consumer any breaks which would draw more users to pay in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Unfortunately I can't seem to find the Bitcoin option... Other are having the same issue on Reddit. Too bad. I was going to give them a few bits.

I am more amazed that they opted for Stripe to be their Bitcoin payment processor, rather than BitPay or Coinbase.

It's got a huge user base, so it would grab some attention, I am just not sure it would make a huge difference.

When big anti-virus companies like Kaspersky / Norton / McAfee start accepting Bitcoin, I would be more impressed. I hate to pay for renewals with the non-Bitcoin methods.

What an epic idea! I'd surely go back to Kaspersky if they accepted Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/browser-plug-in-adblock-now-supports-bitcoin-donations/

Whenever an existing platform starts accepting Bitcoin payments, there is always cause for joy among the digital currency community. Not just because this may indicate that these services will gain additional customers who can finally pay in Bitcoin, but also because they help spread the name of this digital currency. The latest service to accept Bitcoin payments is none other than AdBlock, one of the most widely used browser plug-ins in the world.
Jump to: