Author

Topic: -2015-08-21] TheBTCPool: Ashley Madison Users Threatened To Pay In BTC (Read 426 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I'm A Beast!
I thought that when Cryptolocker was busted, these extortion scams which bring bad name to Bitcoin will die down. Hmmm.... seems like they will be here for some more time. That said, the extortion demands were not being made by the original hackers, who stole the information from Ashley Madison. The original hackers dumped the user information in dark net, which was collected and compiled by con-men to blackmail the users.
Exactly!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I thought that when Cryptolocker was busted, these extortion scams which bring bad name to Bitcoin will die down. Hmmm.... seems like they will be here for some more time. That said, the extortion demands were not being made by the original hackers, who stole the information from Ashley Madison. The original hackers dumped the user information in dark net, which was collected and compiled by con-men to blackmail the users.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I'm A Beast!
https://thebtcpool.com/ashley-madison-users-threatened-for-bitcoin/

Looks like "script kiddies" are threatening to use their information if they do not pay 1 BTC to them, good thing the block chain are clear with $0.00 transactions Smiley
Jump to: