Author

Topic: [2015-08-23]E-Coin Founders Talk Bitcoin Debit Cards and 50% Monthly User Growth (Read 358 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Speaking under correction but I actually think they started shipping before either Bit-x and or Xapo.

Xapo I think started with the first debit card but they only started shipping recently.

that's correct E-Coin started shipping long time before BitX or other services, so the service is more mature in that sense
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Speaking under correction but I actually think they started shipping before either Bit-x and or Xapo.

Xapo I think started with the first debit card but they only started shipping recently.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
CoinTelegraph spoke with E-coin founders Pavel Matveev and Dmitry Lazarichev about competition in the bitcoin debit card market, the importance of multi-sig security, and crowd investment with BnkToTheFuture.

Since launching their first Bitcoin debit cards to the public in late January 2015, e-coin has been working to build out its platform and push Bitcoin adoption mainstream. In an effort to offer users a convenient way to spend bitcoin wherever Visa is accepted, the company is looking to strengthen its position as a major player in the cryptocurrency debit card market.

CoinTelegraph: What is currently going on with e-coin?

E-coin: We are currently shipping cards to 130+ countries, having 20K+ registered users and around 1.8K cards shipped. A month ago we started shipping cards denominated in EUR and GBP. Currently, we are working on our mobile app, virtual cards and preparing to issue cards with our own design. Also, those in the United States can expect us to start shipping there by the end of the year.

Full article right here : http://cointelegraph.com/news/115163/e-coin-founders-talk-bitcoin-debit-cards-and-50-monthly-user-growth It's weird how I never heard of them , I only know Bit-x and Xapo Shocked but they seem to be famous and doing exellent work aswell
Jump to: