Author

Topic: [2015-10-23] Using Blockchain Technology Instead of PC Banking Credentials (Read 309 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Sounds like a very good idea and will most definitely improve security especially so for the average user.

I share the one concern the writer highlights in that this service should be decentralised as it would give the banks more hold on you as mentioned.

it is by no means a perfect solution. In fact, using this type of online identification only strengthens the dominance traditional banks have over their customers, as it may become the only way to access other financial services.

You will never be able to change banks or would only be able to do so with difficulty, all depends of course on how they eventually implement it.

This is almost similar to the way Trezor is now being used on more and more sites to log in i.e. where you make use of your Trezor to log into a site like for example Cashzilla. I would trust this far more than I would trust my bank to handle my 'digital identity'.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
http://bitcoinist.net/using-pc-banking-online-identification-blockchain-technology-better-alternative/

Traditional banks have to innovate themselves if they want to remain relevant in this ever-changing landscape of finance. Closed down ecosystems do not communicate with each other, making the overall consumer experience clumsy and even annoying at times. But in The Netherlands, a new initiative has been approved to access several online services by logging into a user’s PC banking account.

Jump to: