Author

Topic: [2015-11-17] Customers Unable To Pay With Bitcoin on Dell.com Website (Read 290 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I remember that Dell was offering a 10% discount for purchasing w/ Bitcoin. Does anyone know if this is still the case? If so, this is one of the few companies accepting bitcoin that are throwing some benefit back at the user/buyer. This is what will create steady demand for paying w/ bitcoins when shoppers can be in the so-called ''super savers club" just by purchasing w/ bitcoin, similar to to those key chain plastic mini-cards at your CVS or Wallgreens. Women, who are the typical family shoppers, love to save money on household items and groceries so newer outlets offering to take bitcoin should be incentivized to offer discounts for customers using it. That's my dream in the next stage of bitcoin growth.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Maybe it's Dell and they try to launch their own coin.Dellcoin! Cheesy
I'm just kidding of course. I believe it's just a minor issue and will be solved soon. Dell has no real reason to reject Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
There is a thread circulating on Reddit where a user complained he is not able to pay with Bitcoin on the Dell.com website. As these payments are processed by Coinbase, the question becomes which party is responsible for the bug,  and who will be responsible for solving the issue. Coinbase has opened a support ticket on their Community forums in the meantime.

http://themerkle.com/news/customers-unable-to-pay-with-bitcoin-on-dell-com-website/
Jump to: