Author

Topic: [2015-11-26] DCEBrief - “I was out to put JP Morgan out of business” (Read 217 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

If you are not a fan of big banks like JP Morgan, you will enjoy this article:

“I was out to put JP Morgan out of business” – Interview with Veritaseum’s Reggie Middleton

Heading into 2016, what changes or improvements would you like to see in the digital currency market as a whole?

I’d like to see more education and a deeper understanding as to what these new opportunities truly are and what they can bring to the table. Due to sloppy and sensationalist reporting in the media, the absolute paradigm-shifting potential of Bitcoin (and related tech) is being pushed to the wayside. A perfect example of this is the use of the term “Blockchain” by banks and bank services vendors. Yes, blockchain tech is going to be transformative for the banking industry, but unless they get a clue, it is not going to be transformative in the ways they desire.

What makes the bitcoin blockchain so desirable is its zero-trust attributes. These attributes are powered not only by the breakthrough in technology that created the bitcoin blockchain but by the very thing that made said breakthrough extraordinary in everyday practice, which is “The Network Effect.” Bitcoin’s blockchain is already 10,000x stronger than the strongest corporate network known (Google). Thus, if you were to convince 1,000 said networks to pool all of their network resources and cooperate fully (yep!), it would still pale (and fail) as compared to the Bitcoin blockchain.

Discussing blockchains without Bitcoin’s zero-trust attributes is like discussing which racing cars are the fastest without their engines installed.

Full interview and video:  http://dcebrief.com/i-was-out-to-put-jp-morgan-out-of-business-interview-with-veritaseums-reggie-middleton/
Jump to: