Author

Topic: [2015-11-28] Kenyan President Nominates BitPesa Board Member for Cabinet (Read 371 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I like this news. I really hope he will use his knowledge and experience in a good way to promote Bitcoin within the Kenyan government. And who knows what will happen if he successfully manage to cooperate Bitcoin in their economy. That will show what Bitcoin is really capable of.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Kenya could be a number 1 spot in africa for bitcoin in the future...

BitPesa is just a spinoff payment option from M-Pesa .....and M-Pesa is a centralized payment system running on mobile phones. It has a central point of failure if the governments

there decides to shut down the mobile phone operators or force them to reveal certain key information. In my opinion this is not a good move for Bitcoin to sponsor such a

centralized system, where individuals are identified through their link to their phones.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★

Isn't it already that way?
Where else do you have companies like BitPesa?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
https://news.bitcoin.com/kenyan-president-nominates-bitpesa-board-member-for-cabinet/

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015, Uhuru Kenyatta, the president of the Republic of Kenya, reshuffled his cabinet, dropping five cabinet secretaries and replacing them with new faces to give his government new impetus. Among the nominees is Joe Mucheru, who is a board member at Bitpesa, a Bitcoin exchange that leverages on mobile money services such as Mpesa.

This is great and huge step in the right direction.
I expect a lot of progress after this news for Bitpesa.
It's great to see that not all government leaders are willing to slow down or ignore the inevitable.

This definitely is a positive step for Bitcoin.
The next time Bitcoin is mentioned in a cabinet discussion, Mr Mucheru could step in and offer some insights.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
https://news.bitcoin.com/kenyan-president-nominates-bitpesa-board-member-for-cabinet/

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015, Uhuru Kenyatta, the president of the Republic of Kenya, reshuffled his cabinet, dropping five cabinet secretaries and replacing them with new faces to give his government new impetus. Among the nominees is Joe Mucheru, who is a board member at Bitpesa, a Bitcoin exchange that leverages on mobile money services such as Mpesa.

This is great and huge step in the right direction.
I expect a lot of progress after this news for Bitpesa.
It's great to see that not all government leaders are willing to slow down or ignore the inevitable.
Jump to: