Author

Topic: [2015-12-12] Minnesota commerce commissioner: Bitcoin buyers, beware (Read 302 times)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250
"Rothman, however, warns of “a dark side” because it remains “off the radar screen.”

Indeed, the anonymity afforded by virtual currencies has enabled some nefarious dealings, including drug activity and money laundering. Although the state commerce department has no reports of investors who may have been scammed, he continues to urge caution."

Most of the bitocin are used for legal trading, like US dollar. Should he issue a warning against US Dollar?
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
Right... because the legacy financial industry based on the US Dollar is so much better?

Your regulated US Dollar financial industry ass-fucked me in both 2000 and 2008, and in 2008 I lost 42% of the net worth of my USD investments.

Fuck you, Minnesota Commerce Commissioner.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Six years after its introduction to the masses, Bitcoin, the decentralized currency known as “cash for the Internet,” is growing in popularity. Yet it still remains largely shrouded in mystery.

From the identity of its mysterious inventor to the head-scratching complexities of how exactly it works, Bitcoin and virtual currencies like it were largely embraced by computer programmers. Now these currencies have since begun to edge into the mainstream. Businesses, both brick-and-mortar and online, have begun accepting it as a form of payment, and GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul has said he would accept campaign donations via Bitcoin. More than 400 Bitcoin ATMs have popped up across the world, and the idea has spawned others like it that have grown in popularity.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-commerce-commissioner-bitcoin-buyers-beware/361683981/
Jump to: