Author

Topic: [2015-12-4] Starting Bitwage, An International Payroll Company That Uses Bitcoin (Read 244 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I became interested in Bitcoin during the fall of 2013, while leading the inside sales team for Oracle ORCL -2.70% open source support in Kansas and Iowa. Our territory isn’t the first states that come to mind when one thinks of technology and financial innovation; our customers were the excellent university systems, as well as staid financial service companies and enterprises in Des Moines and the western suburbs of Kansas City.

Starting in August I watched every video and read every white paper I could get my hands on that contained the all important keyword “blockchain”, which I had learned was the underlying technology enabling Bitcoin. I attended Bitcoin related events in the Bay Area and I shared my fascination at work, so much so that my coworkers began calling me “that Bitcoin guy”. Across the hall, so to speak, in the technology side of Oracle was another Bitcoin guy, John Lindsay. A mutual friend noticed our shared interest, arranged for an introduction, and we began plotting.

The field was already full of cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, and payment processors. We engaged in a gap analysis, looking for something unique that would have ongoing transactions, which didn’t depend on speculation. John realized that there was nothing happening in terms of payroll processing. Remember that in late 2013 each Bitcoin was worth over $1,000 and bitcoin insiders believed that mass adoption was right around the corner.

read more : http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanchester/2015/12/03/starting-bitwage-an-international-payroll-company-that-uses-bitcoin/
Jump to: