Author

Topic: [2016-01-04] CTUK:Is There a Future for Non-Profits in the Digital Currency Ecos (Read 229 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
The largest of the non-profits in the digital currency world, the Bitcoin Foundation has been making a lot of negative headlines over the last few years with some justified and others that just seem to be personal attacks. The question that now lingers is there a future for it or any of the many non-profits scattered across the globe in the digital currency industry anymore.

As a founder of a non-profit association myself back in 2014 I personally have experienced and seen the important role these organisations play in education, advocacy and adoption of Bitcoin to mainstream society, businesses and corporations.

Bitcoin is still fairly new to the majority, many may have heard of it but very few still understand it at all.

As I am sure it is the same with all non-profits around the world when there are positive news headlines in the mainstream press, there are individuals, businesses and corporations who have looked into it and want to understand the inner workings more.

They are interested in the protocol and its future possibilities, are eager to either invest in the digital currency, the potential of its public ledger or just simply learn how to accept it for their business from consumers.

From experience the first point of call for education, help and advice on these matters are the non-profits.

Speaking to other founders of non-profits playing an active part in the industry in their areas I have heard the same negative points made from them all, that it is a payless, thankless job.

So why do they continue going and what is their objective?

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/115996/is-there-a-future-for-non-profits-in-the-digital-currency-ecosystem
Jump to: