Author

Topic: [2016-03-05] Brian Armstrong: Core team is the biggest risk in bitcoin right now (Read 343 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
First, this is the same asshole CEO that is filing patents on Bitcoin tech and asking everyone to "trust us, we'll be cool".

Second, anyone propagating the myth that Bitcoin is "collapsing" because some idiots don't pay the proper fee and have delays in their confirms is extremely suspect. I've been using Bitcoin since 2011, and EVERY transaction I've ever done has NEVER failed to get the proper confirms, even now.

I'd really like to see more pushback on this kind of thing, because its an outright lie, and one that the "e-journalists" never fact-check to see if they are spreading rumors and FUD tactics.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Brian Armstrong: Core team is the biggest risk in bitcoin right now
Coinbase CEO has published his vision of what happened at the Satoshi Roundtable, accusing Core developers of poor communication skills. He insists that more than one team should work on the bitcoin protocol.
http://www.coinfox.info/news/5012-brian-armstrong-calls-core-team-as-biggest-risk-to-bitcoin

Quoting from the article:

"Coinbase CEO offers his own vision of how to rescue the bitcoin network from the collapse. The first and most urgent step is a hard-fork upgrade to 2MB block size. Armstrong calls once again on the community, including Chinese miners, to switch as soon as possible to the “high quality” Bitcoin Classic code . . . . The next necessary step is to communicate to Chinese miners the idea that the Core team is not the only people in the world capable of quality development of the bitcoin protocol."

It seems to me that the mining industry already has the resources to develop their own developer teams, if they are not happy with either the status quo or the various block size increase proposals. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes about their interest to maintain the status quo. You can have dozens of very bright development teams, and great communication, but it ultimately comes down to what the miners find to be in their interest.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Brian Armstrong: Core team is the biggest risk in bitcoin right now
Coinbase CEO has published his vision of what happened at the Satoshi Roundtable, accusing Core developers of poor communication skills. He insists that more than one team should work on the bitcoin protocol.
http://www.coinfox.info/news/5012-brian-armstrong-calls-core-team-as-biggest-risk-to-bitcoin
Jump to: