Author

Topic: [2016-03-10] Bitcoin Survives its Latest Storm, Hurricane Hearn (Read 556 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
If an experienced Bitcoiner looks at all the things this Mike Hearn dude has said, then the only proper reaction would be to laugh very hard. Like seriously, I still don't understand why the market reacted like it did back then. Whales are whale for a reason, they know exactly how to make money. But are they that easy to influence to make them start dumping like there is no tomorrow? Very weird.

My understanding is that Hearn is technically knowledgable, but he demonstrated questionable ethics during his time as a bitcoin dev. He pushed hard for identity verification in the client, and was involved in the implementation of blacklisting in XT.

Nonetheless, some of his technical gripes do have merit. Nothing that can't be solved calmly and patiently.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
If an experienced Bitcoiner looks at all the things this Mike Hearn dude has said, then the only proper reaction would be to laugh very hard. Like seriously, I still don't understand why the market reacted like it did back then. Whales are whale for a reason, they know exactly how to make money. But are they that easy to influence to make them start dumping like there is no tomorrow? Very weird.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hurricane Hearn haha. Interesting how the article said the Hearn rant shined more light on other altcoins, it mentions DASH and ETH.  I suppose if you wanted to find the reason/motive for his rant find out which altcoin he moved to etc.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
More like a temper-tantrum ending with him throwing the ball in the sewer, just so people who wanted to play have a hard time.

Good riddance. He belongs wedded to the corporate and government entities from which he came, like some golem made of mud and sticks. He does their bidding now, and is willing to sell out for just a few more bits of colored paper.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Jump to: