Author

Topic: [2016-03-11] Blockchain Education Events Are Quite Expensive (Read 224 times)

copper member
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
You can also find blockchain related events or conferences for a cheaper price and I think that events are probably the most useful and productive way you can learn about this technology. In events, you can network with professional that work in this field, participate in workshops and attend presentations with other people who have the same interests as you. I attended last year's edition of Blockwalks for example, and it was really interesting, one of the keynote speakers was no less than Nick Szabo, the developer of smart contract. I guess I will participate again this year in October. If you are interested you can check their website!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Do you feel these prices can be justified, or is this particular event simply overpriced?

Explaining the potential of blockchain technology is of the utmost importance to advance innovation in this industry. The financial side of things is only the tip of the iceberg of how distributed ledgers will change various aspects of life. However, when courses on blockchain education and development cost close over US$4,000, there is a valid question as to whether or not these types of events are the right way to go about things.

http://themerkle.com/news/blockchain-education-events-quite-expensive/

Jump to: