Author

Topic: [2016-03-18] Nearly Three Bitcoin ATMs Are Being Installed Every Day (Read 356 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
There is a shop in the UK called Cex and it is technology based selling games etc, they started to install a few machines last year.  I found the whole experience straight forward and painless although the fee was a little too high, can't remember what it was but it was approaching the 10% mark.

The high fees are normal as they are still in the starting phase. After some years the fees will come down significantly. Especially when the adoption rate increases by a lot. The more people are using their ATM's the lower the fees will be.

Good news, I did not know that many were popping up.  I agree that the fees are a bit high now but will come down as more people use the ATM's.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
There is a shop in the UK called Cex and it is technology based selling games etc, they started to install a few machines last year.  I found the whole experience straight forward and painless although the fee was a little too high, can't remember what it was but it was approaching the 10% mark.

The high fees are normal as they are still in the starting phase. After some years the fees will come down significantly. Especially when the adoption rate increases by a lot. The more people are using their ATM's the lower the fees will be.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Have you ever used a Bitcoin ATM before?

Even though some people might argue there is no growing demand for Bitcoin ATMs around the world, it is important to note there are now over 600 of these devices available to consumers. Market penetration remains incredibly low compared to the number of bank ATMs, though, and most of these devices are installed in areas where there is fierce competition on the market already.

http://themerkle.com/nearly-three-bitcoin-atms-are-being-installed-every-day/
Jump to: